Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L5 nerve compression

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
:H Very active 72 year old male with the usual leg symptoms for possibly 8 years. MRI scan a few months back showed L5 compression. NHS.UK Surgeon offered op with chance of 60/40 success & op age related risk. I told him no chance so will stay on medication & keep active until something gives. Also, glad to be on board.
advertisement

Comments

• and welcome to the forum. There is so much support and fun to be had here , the members are the best. Please do keep us posted as to how you are doing and if there is ever anything that I can do for you then please do not hesitate to let me know. Take care , Miki
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it is nice to have an senior on board. you are wise to do all you can before surgery becomes necessary. i am sure your surgeon has made his points and you have made yours. you should have a good time here and meet lots of new "spineys." good luck in your course of treatment and i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • Glad to have ya. Welcome to SH!!
  • Welcome to spine-health....
  • I can't say that I blame you at all on the decision for no surgery. I am 45 and have already had 1 failed surgery and am not willing to take any more risks. Unless something gives of course. I will look forward to seeing you around the forum.
  • I discovered your weblog website on google and examine a number of of your early posts. Continue to maintain up the excellent operate. I simply further up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Looking for forward to reading more from you in a while!…

Spam URLs removed by authority member Cindy (neck of steel). Spamming is a spine-health violation.
advertisement