I'd just like to say first and foremost to the forum... thanks for existing. This new experience of pain, lack of understanding, and fear has been quite overwhelming. It's great to know that there is a huge resource available for information and support.
There's a lot of material on this forum that I will certainly dig though. If anyone has some pointers to good posts to help me on my way, I'd greatly appreciate it. To shortly describe my situation...
- I'm 29 years old
- Tremendous lower back pain due to disk bulging
- MRI result:
1. A 3.5 mm disc bulge is seen at L4-L5 with moderate bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.
2. A 2 mm disc bulge is seen at L3-L4 with mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.
3. A 1 mm disc bulge is seen at L5-S1 without evidence of neural foraminal narrowing.
4. Posterior displacement of the longitudinal ligament is noted from L3-L4 through S1.
I'm very concerned about what the future is going to be like. The pain has only recently ramped up in the last couple of months and my life has already changed completely.
I go in for a medial branch block on Tuesday and I'm hoping for the best. Wish me luck!