Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie - Scared but grateful

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi all,

I'd just like to say first and foremost to the forum... thanks for existing. This new experience of pain, lack of understanding, and fear has been quite overwhelming. It's great to know that there is a huge resource available for information and support.

There's a lot of material on this forum that I will certainly dig though. If anyone has some pointers to good posts to help me on my way, I'd greatly appreciate it. To shortly describe my situation...

- I'm 29 years old
- Tremendous lower back pain due to disk bulging
- MRI result:

1. A 3.5 mm disc bulge is seen at L4-L5 with moderate bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.
2. A 2 mm disc bulge is seen at L3-L4 with mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.
3. A 1 mm disc bulge is seen at L5-S1 without evidence of neural foraminal narrowing.
4. Posterior displacement of the longitudinal ligament is noted from L3-L4 through S1.

I'm very concerned about what the future is going to be like. The pain has only recently ramped up in the last couple of months and my life has already changed completely.

I go in for a medial branch block on Tuesday and I'm hoping for the best. Wish me luck!

Thanks again,
Matt
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to spine-health..good luck Tuesday
  • Hi Matt,

Welcome to Spine Health. Good luck on Tuesday with your medial branch block. I know many members do have great success with those.

How was it that you happened to injure your lower back? If you are like myself and many others, the answer is ... enjoying my life. Well your current situation doesn't mean that you won't be back to doing that very soon!

Life is here to be lived ... that's what we should be doing and that's what many go back to doing!!!

Welcome aboard,

"C"
  • to be having all of this pain. But, you are not alone. We have many members even younger than you that are also suffering. Good luck with the medial branch block. I have had that done and got some relief but it was short lived. Good luck to you and hopefully you will get long lasting relief from the block. Please keep us posted on your progress.
  • Hi! all of you are great, it is so so good that this website is available, or else we would all be in the nut house. Has anyone out there had a discogram? I am due for this procedure in a month and would very much appreciate any input. Thanks and stay strong.
  • :) nancy, hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you might try the "Chronic Pain " forum or even the "Back and Spinal" surgery section for some extra input! good luck and we are glad to have you here! Jenny :)
  • From my experience, a discogram is where a certain fluid is injected into disc's at various levels and "re-creates" the pain. It is used to identify exactly which disc is causing the problem. It hurts, but when they find the correct one, they usually inject a numbing agent for relief. Good luck.
  • Welcome Matt...You've come to the right place for help and support. I too am one of the "youngins". Was 28 when I had my first fusion (L5-S1), just got home yesterday from having my 2nd one (L4-L5)at age 32. Good luck on Tuesday!!
advertisement