Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Do any of you use the pastoral services or the church for support?

optimistooptimist Posts: 546
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Depression and Coping
I have a wonderful PM doc, a competent surgeon, a small group of friends to call on occasionally, some shoulders to cry on here, but I have used pastoral services at my church as well for those deep soul-searching "keep my head above water needs" needs. The pain is one thing, but the potential to lose my career, my house are very real; well my life as I knew it two years ago is gone.I think I'm holding up to my realities pretty well. I just had a non-medical professional (lawyer) declare me "crazy" because I belief I can achieve more relief through pastoral counseling than through a psychologist - is that so wrong? I wanted to make a nasty comment to this lawyer I believed to be from "the dark side"... I refrained....
advertisement

Comments

• I have recently moved and I have not had the time yet to find a new church. I do however use the bible for support. My sister (who has neck and back problems too) and I share passages back and forth to give each other support. One of my favorites is Roman 5:3.
    Being that you are also dealing with an attorney in addition to your medical team; I am guessing that you have some kind of litigation in process. If so that is probably why the attorney wants you to see a psychologist. The notes of a psychologist are admissable in court. ;)
  • God is with you, Optimist. YOU are not alone. I am grateful you have a place to turn to for support and counseling in your pastor and your church. Maybe that attorney needs to learn a little about compassion! God Bless You!--Mazy
  • :) hi! i am sorry you are having such turmoils in your life! of course you know it isn't necessary to seek help from a minister but the Bible holds all the answers right inside. it is indeed a blessing to have the Lord on your side and you could not ask for a better companion to spend your days with. good luck to you and be blessed! Jenny :)