Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello Everyone

DanDDan Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone, just registered to these forums, i have read and learned a lot, this is a great website and i am proud to be part of it. Hope i can help, sorry for spelling errors english is not my native tongue lol. See ya later !! :H
advertisement

Comments

• welcome to spine-health....
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. please tell us more about yourself so we can get to know you!! what are your pain problems? on any meds? treatments? please make yourself at home and enjoy the laughter and friendship you will find here! GOOD LUCK!! Jenny :)
  • Welcome to the boards. Can you tell us a little about yourself? Especially, what is your native tounge?
  • Do not worry about the spelling. we are not hear to correct, only to support. I look forward to reading more about you.
  • Thanks for your replies, i am 17 years old and i am from Puerto Rico and of course my native tongue is spanish, sorry for any spelling errors. I was diagnosed with central spinal stenosis, spondylosis and mild scoliosis. I have 3 herniated discs in the lumbar spine ( L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1 ) which is causing compression in the nerves. I feel pain in my lower back and all the way down to my foot, its horrible sometimes i just feel like screaming. I am currently taking physical therapy, which is not helping at all. In two weeks i will get an EMG done, hopefully is enough for the doctor to prescribe more powerfull medicines and evaluate me even more. I have been taking cataflam 50mg and neurontin 300mg for about a month but they dont help much. Thank You and good luck to you all. I hope you all get better. See ya later

Dan
  • It was nice to meet you in chat as well, we look forward to seeing more of you! Remember, keep your head held high, and make sure you ask plenty of questions to your doctor! Talk to you laterz!
  • :H I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. My name is Gina, I am 24 and I am originally from the NJ shore. I currently live in VA and have had neck and shoulder problems for the last 5 months. After these 5 months of physical therapy and hitting a point of being in a stable condition, I finally asked to get an MRI. The results came back saying that I have DJD and herniated disc in C5-6. I went to see an Ortho Spine Surgen who had reviewed my MRI, did the strength tests and told me I needed surgery right away. It was the 6th of August and he said he is free to do Surgery on the 18th!! He explained he could do ADR or Fusion and explained the pros and cons of both. He explained to me my best bet was to do the disc replacement, but it was my choice. All I kept thinking was give me a min to absorb it all, and he wanted an answer. I scheduled the appointment for the 18th and prayed I could find someone to be able to help me take care of my 3yr old daughter. Well it turns out that the disc was worse than the doctor even thought (which probably means it had gotten worse in just the short time). The disc was severely degenerated and the nerve on my spine that it was pushing on was in the shape of a kidney bean! It's been a week since my surgery and unfortunately I am still having shoulder pain. Not the shooting pain down my arm or numbness of before, but still a pain that comes and goes in my shoulders thats severe enough I need to take medication. The area from my chin down to the entry site is still numb, and I am hoping this is normal. I am hoping for a speedy recovery since I can't stand not being able to do things for myself and take care of my daughter the way I want to.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,717
    What Ben is saying is true, you will get a larger response when you start your own thread. If you need any help, just give a shout

Still, only a week out of surgery, there is going to be some numbness and other post op feelings. If there are any questions, dont hesitate to call your doctor
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement