Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

week 33 time

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
time to put my new plan into action i think,ive put on 1 pound and to be honest im not surprised ive not planned anything the last week so what can i expect,but this week im going to put alot of effort into it,for me i need to plan ahead and i plan to lose atleast 1-2 pounds this week

Hope you al did better than me, not hard to do lol,
advertisement

Comments

• :) good morning benji, atleast you have a game plan!! that is what counts. it is still early here, 3:30 and i hate to weigh in yet but the scale says 4 pounds and i could not be happier!! =)) i really worked hard all week and am glad to see a positive result. =D> take care!! Jenny :)
  • wow lulu thats fab,well done you,you deserve it,i hope to follow you next week
    well done again,im so jealous lol
  • Well done Lulu, you must have worked really hard - good for you.

I've put on a pound aswell Ben. I've had a crap week and am expecting another crap week to follow!!

I have to go away for a couple of nights for work, so any planning for me is out the window. I'll try my best though.

Sandra
  • :) doof, put the week behind you and prepare for another. really try and substitute foods when you are eating out and away from home. bring some lowcal snacks and fruit with you. put a bowl of fresh fruit in your room and drink lots of water!! good luck this week. up for another pound next week? Jenny :)
  • iv e just come back from using the gym and it feels good to be active again,so far the back is coping ok with it,long may it last
  • Well, I managed to maintain, it was actually a good lesson for me. I was careful with portions, no mindless snacking in the afternoons or after dinner (my great downfall), and a couple of indulgent meals with friends. So what I learned - when I actually DO reach my target weight, this is what I need to do to stay there, and maybe one or two meals a week with friends could be okay.

Lulu - wow! Fabulous!!
    benji - I'm with you, I need a plan for next week, and it needs to take into account that I am going to be dealing with pain which I conveniently try to forget...
    doof - you can definitely plan when traveling; I travel almost every month and bring healthy snacks (dried fruit, granola bars etc.). Planning is key.
  • :) aimless, maintenance is going to be the way to go one day and you have learned how! =D> i say that is a good week after all. i have been trying to lose and keep it off for a long time. it has taken many months of trial and error and starting Sparkpeople has made a world of difference as well. good luck this week! there is no day to start like today! Jenny :)
  • Yes, your all right, I can plan ........... I've even been onto the hotel website and had a look at the menus to see what I can have!!!! How sad is that :S ???

The beauty of being away is that I can't go to the cupboard or fridge for a snack ...... last time I did that the chef got a bit upset.

Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye :H
  • Actually smart to see what the options are at the hotel.
    Safe travels!
    :)
  • I'm discusted with myself, Im not even touching that darn scale today... ~X( :''(

Christina
  • :) christina, you are more than welcome to check in and not weight in!! but please, don't be disgusted with yourself. you just started your program. it is not what you need yet and you are not there yet! you are a beautiful woman regardless of what the scale says. i am behind you 100% and only want you to be happy. so start the week new and put the last week behind you. that done,you have to feel better!! Jenny :)
  • Jenny, you must have really worked hard! Congrats on a well deserved loss!!!! I managed to gain 1 and 1/2 lbs this week which puts me at a total of 4.5 lbs gained in the past month! I am not discouraged but do have to nip this in the bud. I think that the reduction in Cymbalta will really help me this week. Everyone did well this week even the ones that stayed the same.
    Elaine, I guess that you, christina and myself will just have to put some extra effort in to it this week. I MUST! I can not start climbing back up there as big as I am already. I have been having excruciating back, hip and leg pain so if I am not here the next couple of days it is because I have to get back on my muscle relaxers and they knock me out. Lets all try and look forward to a brand new week of getting ourselves a little thinner and healthier!
  • im determined that its gonna be a good week,im planning to walk and get to the gym,Christina we are all here for you don t give up put the last week behind you and start again.Paininthe back hope you get some releive from the pain
    Were gonna lose this week RIGHT
  • :) painintheback, before this losing streak i managed to gain 6 pounds in a month! ~X( today is a new day and you will turn this around. you are really in a predicament with your pain and your meds! be patient and with your attitude it will turn around! it is possible to lose by watching your calories. this is a new week and a new opportunity! RIGHT! Jenny :)
  • :) i am hungry! ~X( it is 3 and not a good time to go raid the refrigerator. i am so excited about losing that i am cutting the calories more and more. i hope it does not catch up with me! once i reach my goal, if ever, i can give myself a 5 pound leeway! then i can eat!! Jenny :)
  • when i let myself get to hungry thats when i overeat,so i try not to get to that stage,so have some fruit jenny or a low fat snack
  • :) benji, how right! i had a banana and a glass of 1% milk and i am a new woman. :) i almost went for the roast but am so glad i didn't. =D> i started strength training today and may get a few new curves and muscles. had to rework most of them to suit my back and leg but there is enough to make a program out of. how did it go at the gym? Jenny :)
  • :) we haven't heard from Ewaight, txteacher, or Everhopeful! it's is not too late to join in for the week. we sure would like to hear from y'all!! Jenny :)
  • :)Ewaight, well done and a great beginning. =D> i am finding that planning ahead is making a big difference for me as well. maybe we will talk about that this week. :W as long as you use the same scale every week your weight should be consistent. there are some neat scales out now though. have a healthy week! Jenny :)
  • Anyone have some great scales that they would recommend?
    If so, where did you buy them?

I fixed Salmon for supper last nite and my husband actually like it. I tried baking at 350 and it is much better then broiled. I have also thrown away all butter. I am getting used to the fat free from I can't believe it's not butter. It's actually pretty good.
  • Sorry I'm late chiming in. I have lost about 1 lb. this week. Have crummy scales, net to invest in some beter ones.

Did a good grocery trip and alot of planning. Took the time to make some lo-cal soup yesterday. Hope to do better this wweek.
  • :) taking the time to make a program for yourself can be a big help in the weight loss game. following your program on a regular basis is a sure setup for success. <:P i keep my food controlled just like my medications. i have learned that writing down everyting i eat is essential to my program. i have to get up and walk everyday. one part of my exercise program down, one more walk to go. followed by stretching. since i have pain i have to be able to make my plan flexible for those days i am at home and hurt too much to exercise. :''( i even hurt to much to eat sometimes. what are some of the programs you are using to make your battle with weight loss successful? what are you preparing each day to make sure your goals are met? Jenny :)
  • Ewaight - check out Bed Bath & Beyond, do you get those 20% off coupons in the mail? Sorry, do you live in the US? I got my scale there, I am happy with it until I gain weight and then not so much.

I've been doing better with the nutrition, I bring my lunch every day to work so planning is easy, as long as I get to the grocery store on the weekend. The mid-morning lowfat cottage cheese snack, and mid afternoon celery with a bit of peanut butter is totally doing the trick.

Food in general still tastes gross (the Topamax). I find that if I have a craving I give in, just to enjoy the taste of something. My cravings are pretty healthy too! Like a turkey sandwich, or hummos and pita. I've totally lost interest in sweets, my fig newtons are going stale.

How is everyone else doing? I still think I am on track for my 1 lb goal for this week.
    -Melissa
  • melissa, that Topamax will melt those pounds right off of you! I did well with weight loss but had some horrid side effects from it. I am feeling better this week in the withdrawals from Cymbalta and the psin. I broke down and took muscle relaxers ( I hate those things) for a few nights and am feeling much better. I had some terrible withdrawals over the weekend to top everything else off. Yes, Elaine we will lose at least one pound this week. I must and I will.
    Jenny please be careful going too low on the calories. You still need to stay healthy.
  • :) ok! i must live in a cave. i have never heard of it. what is Topamax? i want to try it if it melts pounds away. Jenny :)
  • me2 me2 lol i need something to melt way the pounds too,just been to the gym this morning again so im really hoping for a weight loss on sunday but i know that it sometimes takes a week or two to show.

I think planning is the way to go for sure,my secret weapon is walkers mango chilli baked crisps,98 cals and 0.3 fat per pack and they taste fab,don t think u can get them in the usa though sorry girls
  • Is an anti convulsive for nerve pain. it makes everything taste everything taste sort of metallic and gross, and rocks your short term memory. It is helping my nerve pain, but I am also needing the boost from neurontin (same class). It just makes you sort of lose interest in food. My side effects are minimal but for some (painintheback can attest) they are far worse.
  • im on lyrica but far from losing weight i ve put on weight with them
  • :) benji and i have been struggling for months to lose the weight gain from the Lyrica. :T it is helping me pain wise but i have only recently been able to do anything about the weight gain. i don't feel so good about this week so far though. i am doing everything the same as last week and then some. i feel like i have gained but i am NOT stepping on the scale to check! i am so frustrated with trying and gettting nowhere. there are still 4 more days to go and i am not giving up. keep planning ahead and give it that extra push everybody. Jenny :)
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.