Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Stenosis need help for treatment

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Please read my following questions about my serious chronic medical conditions, because you are honestly my final and only hope in helping me answer questions or give information to help treat my medical problems that have ruined my life. You are my last hope, as my life is constant torture and it has left me with nothing and no life or hope or direction and you may be able to help me improve my life and find meaning and joy again. If we get a dialogue going I will use it to help others with info you can provide

Questions Followed by my condition and experiences

FEW QUESTIONS:

• Do you have info on different types of doctors from various medical fields, specialties or fields of focus that may help., as well as well as any medical groups, programs or practices that may be relevant to my situation

• Do you know of medical treatments (such as medications, physical therapy, post surgical rehab etc, pain management) or other treatments that can help even those that may be rarely used because they are new, expensive, old, often passed by, but offer new and different benefit and may help.

• Can you let me know of any Exams, Studies or Diagnostic Tests (such as images and every type of other relevant tests that might help) that are rarely used due to being either too new and thus not widely used or understood. As well as those deemed too old or expensive. Especially those that can provide more info on my case but are two often ignored by doctors.

• Does anyone know of any Massachusetts, NH or RI doctors or clinics that treat chronic pain with narcotics and are willing to work with the patient to find the proper combinations of pain meds and any other non-narcotics that will work? I am looking for someone to treat me with heavy pain meds for a while as my pain is permanent and chronic, but also work to find other medications and treatments that will eventually allow me to get off the narcotics My current doctor does not mind prescribing me the pain narcotics, but won’t try different combinations to see if they work better than the morphine and fentanyl I am on currently and for the past two years;

• What suggestions do you have and any hints of what I can do, buy, take, etc to treat the pain and help the nerve damage?

• Also know of any good doctors or clinics/groups that offer physical therapy for someone with chronic pain and nerve damage? I have been unable to do physical therapy or even any activity for a year and a half due to doctors orders and I need a physical therapist that will help build up my whole body and muscle system as these are weakened and so out of shape I need to rebuild my whole body

BRIEF MEDICAL PERSONAL OVERVIEW AND TREATMENT INFO
3 months ago I had surgery on my cervical spine in my neck due to c5 stenosis. The purpose was to relieve extreme and diagnosed as chronic and permanent pain and nerve problems that shoot down from my neck throughout my right arm and hands which causes numbness and tingling. Now I have the same problem with my left arm and hand which began after surgery Due to having to suffer with this for a year and a half, I have been so inactive on doctors orders that I have extreme muscle problems and pain that cause spasms and my two shoulders are partially dislocated and have torn labrums due to overcompensating for my neck injury. My whole body is out of shape and all muscles in back hurt and need lots of help and medical treatment/rehabilitation.

I have tried physical therapy and nerve block shots and they do not work. Also, I have tried all non-narcotic meds and they do not work, such as neurontin and lycodain. I am told surgery is a possibility, but due to the enormity problems created by my recent surgery the doctors think that surgery would be too risky so they said that I would have to live with chronic pain and severe nerve damage forever.

advertisement

Comments

• :) hi! welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. one problem with your questions is that we are not allowed on the board to talk of specific doctors, clinics, or hospitals. there is a section of the forum with a listing of doctors in your area. check that out!! perhaps now is the time to see a pm and get started on some conservative treatments. pain medication may help you alot. and there are other nerve pain medications out there to try as well. good luck and i hope i answered a few questions for you! Jenny :)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,733
    After reading your post, I truly believe this site is NOT the site that is going to provide you with answers. Everyone here can only voice their own personal experiences. Some of the questions you are asking, need detailed and formal responses that ONLY the medical profession can provide.
    I suggest you talk to your doctors about all of your questions and let them come up with action plans.
    Here you can can assurances or support in dealing with your chronic pain, but the answers you seek are not nor should ever come from this site.
    We wish the best of luck
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com