Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L5-S1 fussion.(Bent down to pick up sons toy,pop in low back ,Instant Pain very severe

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Chronic Pain
As i stated I'm 33 had fusion l5-s1 about 6 years ago.I still use a cane to help me walk.Go to a pain management doctor,they have tried to manage my pain after surgery.I take 60mg of morphine extended release 3 times a day along with 4mg of tizanidine 3 times a day,the muscle relaxers help a little but i have been on so many nothing really helps.I was playing with my daughter and bent down to pick up a toy for her,when I felt my back pop and a very intense pain from my surgery area started.I have had deep heavy pressure in my low back and my meds are not helping.I can barely get around the house to do anything.
advertisement

Comments

• Ive never had a fusion but it sounds like the many times Ive herniated a disc in my back. Hopefully you did not herniate your L4/L5 disc above the L5/S1, you maybe should go to the hospital or get an MRI set up to see what is wrong.
  • Have you been to the doc since this happened? That would be my recommendation.

I agree with Paul, cool member name

"C"
  • I have an a appointment next week.So for now i use my meds and theses new patches my doctor gave me to try.They are Flector patches.As for the name,My wife gave it to when i was finally taken off of work.The pain was so bad i was unable to function normally.I was always at home and the only time i would go out was to see the doctor.The pain was that bad and my wife said"That I'm living like a person who is on death row!"They only get out of their cells once a day or week ,I'm not really sure which.That how my life was for awhile and so the name just stuck with me and now i use it for my screen name.
This discussion has been closed.