Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain magagement

backpainishellbbackpainishell Posts: 970
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Pain Management
i had a dics removed(my surgeon never replaced the disc) and 1 shaved back in 2003. i was well for about 6 months. i went back to work (i worked in mental health). then one day about 2 years ago my back siezed on me. the doctor told me i had 2 give up my work. so i did.cuttin a long story short. i am now with pain management(its the best thing i ever did concerning my back). i am on the correct meds now. i hav 2 hav facet joint injections and epidural : :''( i hav had both of these b4. the pm team want me 2 have these 6 months apart 2 top up my meds. so im nowwaiting 4 appointment 2 come through . i also hav a tens machine. the pm team are supportive in all ways and i cant fault the work they do . has anyone else had pain management? if so what are your expierence? :H
advertisement

Comments

• I certainly agree with your username. You are in the right forum. Many post's here concerning different ppl's experience with PM. Good luck and welcome!
  • I am in pain management also. My PM is very good. I also have facet pain and have gone through all of the injections and surgery. My back also seizes up on me. The thing that gave me most relief for facet pain was a rhizotomy (nerve burn) they last alot longer than injections. Good luck to you and please keep us posted on your progress.
  • So far the meds are helping (5mg oxycodone IR, Robaxin). I've been waiting for 6 weeks to get scheduled for the facet joint injections for diognostic purposes. I'll let you know how that goes if they ever get me scheduled. By the way, my spinal fusion helped a little for the nerve pain but localized pain still very bad.
  • Hi there,
    I am in PM too. The facet blocks didn't work on me, nor did the epi injections so the PM doc didn't bother trying anything else :( . My RX regimen helps to keep most of my pain under control (I use that word loosely here). Good luck with yours, I hope they work for you!
  • Glad to see you got into some Pain Management Angie. It really is a great thing providing you get the right Dr. Some people I have spoken to hooked up with the wrong Pain Management groups and they're very unhappy but for for the most part Pain Management groups are great. I always say as long as you're honest with them, they will take care of you. Many PM Drs. are relatively new to the business of PM because it's a specialty that has only become popular the past 5 or so years. When I needed to see a PM Doc, there were only 20-25 of them in my area. Now there must be close to one thousand of them in the same area. Pain Management is big and its getting bigger. New ideas, procedures and meds are coming out constantly and its keeping everyone busy. What's really good about the PM group is that if you're going to a Neuro, Ortho or any other Dr. that doesn't think that surgery is the best thing at that time, they have a place to turn to. The PM Dr. Where as before, they would just tell you that you're going to have to deal with the pain and or operate on you when you really don't need the surgery.
    Really glad to see that you got teamed up with a PM group. Now lets hope they are as good to you as mine have been to me.
  • hiya,
    Can you please tell me what a nerve burn is ? I have never heard of this ! Oh do you know if it is available in the UK?

angie x
  • Hiya,
    Yes please keep me posted , and let me know how you get on !

angiex

GOOD LUCK!
  • Hiya,

I have mixed feelings about both lots of injections, as my illness is much much more advanced this time round, than the last time i had them. Thankyou for your kind message.

angie x
  • hiya,
    Oh yes my PM is just the best, i never thought that 18 months ago i would hear myself say that.About 6 months after the surgery the siatic pain came back , so the GP sent me bk to ortho clinic. they then in turn discharged me saying there was not any thing else they could do , it went on like that since 6 months after surgery up until 18 months ago. It was the orthopedic surgeon that reffered me to PM .. the ortho surgeon told me i was a big baby and there was nothing he could do anymore as he had done his job, at this point i was losing faith in the doctors , because i was hurting , yet no one seemed to help me. so i was very anxious and very nervous when i went along to PM clinic. My fears was soon swept away. PM is just the best .

angie x
advertisement