Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Laser Surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 51,465
edited 09/05/2013 - 7:23 AM in Alternative Treatments
Has anyone had laser spine surgery - either cervical or lumbar? I am new to this site - have had 2 lumbar surgeries in 2 years (DDD) - now having severe cervical problems. All levels but C7 - I can't imagine conventional surgery/multiple fusions on this many levels. Someone suggested ***EDITED*** - I have actually talked to 3 people recommended by a friend of mine (not the institute) that had this non-invasive surgery in Tampa.All 3 had prior conventional surgery elsewhere. They all couldn't believe the difference - amazingly reduced pain level, healing time, etc. They each raved about this place and recommended it highly. I trust these people I talked to. Just wanted to hear from anyone out there that might have been to this place or have found an "endoscopic laser surgery" done anywhere else.

The main problem is the $$$. Not on any "in network" insurance. $30K up front - but some insurance copanies reimburse "out of network." One woman's insurance wouldn't reimburse any of her $30K but she said it was the best $30K she had spend in her life (she is not wealthy)

Thanks,. I am suffering greatly and am anxious to make a decision. I know these surgeries can be life-changing - both good and bad.

Doctors name and contact details removed by forum Moderator (paulgla). We do not permit publishing specific doctor's or institution names and contact details.

advertisement

Comments

• :) hi! i see this is your first post and i wanted to welcome you to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you can find several dialogues about this same post if you do a search on the old SH. it was discussed many times there and you should find some good information. good luck whatever you decide and i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • Am considering laser surgery as well. Have looked into a lot of options. Hear bad and good experiences about all facilities in Florida. The $ issue is a real problem for many.(including me, I work in the school system in Fl)

Laser procedures seem to be a good option as an alternative to open back surgery. I have tried MANY non-surgical options..decompression, nerve blocks, injections, acupuncture, neuromuscular massage and numerous meds...

Would love to hear from anyone who has had this surgery and can report post op.

(l4,5,S1 severe facet disease and some narrowing)
  • I have spoken to the ***EDITED***.
    It was as you said 30,000 dollars and I don't want to finance that much money! So after more research I found
    ***EDITED*** and the ***EDITED***! He's in ***EDITED***. That's not far from me. I have sent him
    my MRI and waiting to hear back from him as to whether he can help me. My insurance will pay for that type of minimally invasive surgery if it's in a hospital and I'm so glad! Check into it! See if your insurance will cover the surgery there too.

Doctors name and contact details removed by forum Moderator (paulgla). We do not permit publishing specific doctor's or institution names and contact details.
  • Surgery and paid nowhere near the ridiculous amounts that they charge in Fla. My doc was #7 in this country to be doing laser and I trust him with my life. My insurance BC/BS covered all but my copay. Those people are ripping people off for something that may or may not work.
  • What exactly is laser surgery? What does it do and help?
  • My spouse had it done, the first one helped for about two weeks and then 2 months later went for 2nd surgery and still no change.. However I have heard from some people I have talked to that had it done and help great for them years later. I think it just depends on each person.. Not sure where you live but there are others that are around that don't charge as much as EDITED ( I have researched them ) So keep checking or I can tell you where we went... You can pm me or email me at kellijune25@hotmail.com... I can give you some answers to some questions you might have..
    Good luck, Kelli
  • I had one patient go to for laser surgery (I think in FL) and he ended up coming back to us for a discectomy. The laser surgery actually made him worse. My MD does not recommend it to our patients as, according to him, he hasn't seen enough research on it.
  • LSI is now doing the laser surgery in PA
  • LSI is now doing the laser surgery in PA
  • Hi
    I am scheduled to have laser surgery on my lower back on January 25 2010 with LSI in Tampa Florida. back problems bulging disks, bone spurs and pinched nerves of L3 to S1.

LSI signed a contract with my insurance carrier United Health Care (UHC) on 12/1/2009. My costs will only be my deductible and I do not have to pay all those thousands upfront.
    looking to see if anyone onboard has had the lower back surgery at LSI.
    Thanks!
  • Looking for anyone that has had this type of procdure done. How long has it been since your procdure and how are you doing. Would you recommend it.
  • How is your recovery going?
  • I am sorry that I just found your post.

How are you, how did it go?
  • They only conduct thier own research. Paper mailed to client at certain periods of the time that should be called recovery.

There is nothing scientific about it and that says it all.

Save lots of money and get a caudia steriod shot. I think that is what cost me 100.000 there!!!

And where am I now........here.

Just simple advice because that is honestly what I believe. I was desperate and didn't want to be put to sleep so I made a bad choice. In the end, I was put to sleep anyway.

Now, I know what is what and am happy that I did it the old fashioned way :)
  • EDITED

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator haglandc
  • last post 2008? Is it all what the institutes claim. LSI, NAS, CSI.
  • Hello

I have experience Laser Spine Surgery in 2008, two years later found out by an orthopedic surgeron that now i have arthtitis in the spine in the same levels that was surgical operated on. I know the surgery was performed not by the standard of care and I have supporting records to show. I would stay clear far from this place. I am not working nor getting income. I spent numerous hours in doctor office after this spine surgery for relief and hopefully healing. THtere is no healing that I have found yet for spine damage. Any suggestions, are welcome.
  • I don't know anything about this procedure, but I'm interesting in knowing why insurance companies won't pay for it?

• ive been told if I have nerve damage then laser surgery is useless because they cannot laser your damaged nerves that cause pain. I hope this helps
advertisement