Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

9 months post op

mikeavmmikeav Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
hi guys..havent been here in a while. if anyone recalls,i had 1 level acdf on 11-19-07.
9 months have passed..i still get twinges and aches...and being a weightlifter cant help. i always fear im risking another herniation..
the nerve damage has not healed well..still considerably weaker on my left side.
on occasion,ill get tingling in both hands..im concerned i may have another bulging disc,just not a severe one. i feel some weird stuff back there....but my doctors shrug it off,which i dont understand..
anyway..does it sound like im doin well for 9 months or should i be worried?
advertisement

Comments

• Hey Mike glad to hear your doing so well. If your are back to lifting weights you are doing wonderful. What do they say about the fusion itself is it fusing and or has it fused. It takes longer to heal the nerves. You may try to get your docs do some films to get a look at what is going on. Anyway glad to hear your doing so well keep up the progress.
  • they say the fusion is goin well..they just shrug off my other concerns..im thinking maybe i have a very slight bad disc,hence the weird symptoms..i dunno..they wont order an mri