Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

rhw62rrhw62 Posts: 61
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
I am also a newbie to this site (1 week old). I joined to see others opinions related to cervical spine issues. I hope that I can learn from others well as support others.

advertisement

Comments

• welcome to spine-health...
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. why don't you tell us alittle about yourself. what type of treatments are you doing? are you taking any meds? we want to get to know you better. good luck and i hope to see you around the forum. Jenny :)
  • B) Hello to everyone.. i am 29 years old and i am the mother to five children... (cant say no..lol) anyway, i have scheuermann's disease and i have been trying to find answeers to questions, however initially all i wanted was to find other people who have this disease to ask questions and learn how to maybe do things to lessen the pain and symptoms. along the way i found a site www.edited.com and i am now the group leader for the scheuermann's disease group and i welcome anyone who is interested to come and have a look and join the family of support and friendship. you can never have too much support so i jsut want to share this with everyone.... also i am hoping to make some new friends here... i have suffferd from back pain since i was about 10 or 11. i used to get told to sit up straight at about 9 and on... i find it impossible to sit straight now and i wish ihad been diagnosed ealier...lol... i live on all sorts of meds but the one i have found works best so far is lyrica... great for that burning pain....

i also go to the pool a few times a week to do some excercise..swimming and walking, but now i even participate in the aquasize classes held there. do that it a big acheivement...

hope to hear from you soon...

let's share our journey together, you dont have to be alone anymore..

cinderella
    xxxx :H

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.
  • I am a retired firemen (20.5 yrs) and now I repair large storeage systems as well as main frame computer systems. Neither of my jobs are related to my spine issues. Back in '97 I had surgery for 2 herniated discs at c4-5 & c5-6 levels. I was laid up for a couple of months but my recovery went very well. Not like some of these horror stories that I have been reading. In '03 my symptoms returned. After having the typical tests, xrays, mri, emg, etc... I was told that the disc at c6-7 is herniated and will need surgery at some point and time in the future. Because my symptoms weren't that bad...yet... I just lived with them. The past year and a half I have started to become real clumsy and have fallen a few times. I can say that I am better of then some on these forums due to the fact that I don't have the nerve pain. No pain in my arms and or legs. I only have the soreness between the shoulder blades and the tingling in the hands. Of course the losing of my balance too. In my case the herniation is not pushing on nerves but on the cord itself. I really didn't have a choice but to schedule my future surgery (Sept. 16). I chose the artificial disc instead of another fusion. Another fusion would just cause a domino effect and the disc below would be in jeapordy of herniating. I know things will go well and I wish the same for all of you.

Rob
  • :) Rob, hi! you might want to check out the "Back and Spinal" surgery forum. there is a countdown there for upcoming surgeries. kind of like a group surgery! =)) anyway, we have a few other firemen here as well as nurses and other service personnel. please keep us posted as you progress and don't forget to do your pre surgery preparations. good luck again. Jenny :)
  • :) cinderella, i want to welcome you as well. i have had pain since i was about 12 years old so i understand the long journey you have been on already. i take Lyrica daily to help with the nerve pain in my legs. thank you for the information on your disease. this site is a great place to make friends. good luck to you! Jenny :)
  • Yes it looks like you learned the hard way about the domino effect that fusion can cause. At least you were able to hold off this long and maybe you will have much success with the ADR. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
  • :| I am 42 years old and have right leg and some lower back pain. I did have sugery on 6/4 been thru therapy and still have a great deal of pain ,some numbness and electric shocks. I had the L4L5 laminectomy . I keep moving all the time but my leg hurts. and thats the story of my life for the last year or so . Before the sugery the previous year I had 5 epidurals. I am currently taking lyrica, tramadol. and vicadan. Maybe the meds arent working because I have been on them over a year? Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and cry,why does my leg hurt still? :''(
  • :| I am 42 years old and have right leg and some lower back pain. I did have sugery on 6/4 been thru therapy and still have a great deal of pain ,some numbness and electric shocks. I had the L4L5 laminectomy . I keep moving all the time but my leg hurts. and thats the story of my life for the last year or so . Before the sugery the previous year I had 5 epidurals. I am currently taking lyrica, tramadol. and vicadan. Maybe the meds arent working because I have been on them over a year? Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and cry,why does my leg hurt still? :''(
advertisement