Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

the horizontal mambo

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Exercise and Rehab
Okay so this may not qualify as exercise but I didn't know where else to post. I have recently reconciled with my ex and we are going to get remarried (yeah, he is great) and now we are sharing a room as well. My question is this, when you have lumbar problems, the bedroom becomes an area of pain (well not at that exact moment but the next day I can barely walk and not in a good way!!!). So do you have any clever solutions?
advertisement

Comments

• had an SO with back problems so don't really have any advice. Have you tried different positions? You on top or standing up? Standing-up seems like a safe way, just be careful and don't fall down. Anyway, have fun experimenting and let us know any solutions. I would think there are many with the same issue.
  • :) i have been married for almost 30 years and have had severe pain he whole time. ~X( we have learned to enjoy kissing and hugging and rubbing as a big part of our intimate moments. :X the actual sex act isn't really that important! don't get me wrong, we enjoy the "mambo" as much as anybody but my pain doen't allow for this to happen without even more pain. we know this and either go with more pain or spend our time doing other intimate things. you may get tired of walking funny and decide the same thing. really, try different positions and take a pain pill before you start! even your doctor might have some ideas! have fun with whatever it is!! Jenny :)