Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Having Injection tomorrow

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Spinal Injections
Hello everyone. Im having lumbar epidural tomorrow morning and Im very nervous. I had injections 3 years ago. They just gave a local . Im being knocked out tomorrow. Why the difference? Is it more invasive. Im actually glad because the other injections hurt like the devil. Im most nervous because we have a babysitter coming to get the kids up and to daycare. I wont get to kiss my babies in the morning :S Wish me luck, Ill post tomorrow on how it went
advertisement

Comments

• Good luck tommorrow :) .I was awake for all of mine,and right you are,they are quite painful.I kept focusing on how much better I was going to feel in a day or two,after the initial pain from the actual injection.
    They were not succesful in my neck,but worked like magic in my hip for about 6 weeks.I kept ice on mine a lot,I mean for hours.I hope yours work well.
    This past June I had an inj. in my hip and neck on the same day...my b/f got the ice packs ready and kept them coming all night.I was afraid NOT to ice them..lol.

Bless your heart,I know how hard it is leaving the kids in anothers care,especailly at a time like that..those hugs are so important >:D<
  • I hope your injection goes well tomorrow. I had one with sedation last week for L5/S1 and it was not bad at all with the sedation. My pain improved right away, so I'm very pleased so far. I am still having hot flashes, night sweats and some insomnia, but it gets better every day.

I'm sorry you will miss your regular morning routine with the kids, but hope you will be in much less pain after your injection. Use ice every few hours after the injection and take it as easy as you can for a day or two. Take care. ~kathleen
  • thanks for the well wishes. Its 5;30am here now and I got no sleep at all....zero...zip. I am a zombie and so is my hubby. 8}
  • Its 9am and Im home in bed already. Piece of cake. Nighty night I)
  • dmoonchild
    ~How are you feeling now? Any residual pain from the injections? Can you notice any relief yet?

Sorry for so many questions.My Dr told me when I had mine (cervicle)that it can take up to 48 hours to notice,but as I mentioned,they were unsuccessful-so I'm anxious to hear how yours turned out.

I'm hoping it worked like a charm!
  • Robin, it worked great so far. This is day 5 and I still feel good. Im keeping my fingers crossed.
  • I am so happy it worked for you!!

Mine worked for my thoracic but not my lumbar.

I am curious :?
    They actually knocked you out for this?? Like I mean total general.
    All I had was valium & fentaynl in a IV.
    I cried so much like a baby they pushed more valium in me to shut up I) I) So I ended up not remembering it.

Keep us up to date as the days go by!!
    Good luck!! >:D<
  • I was not knocked out but They gave me an IV that made me not care if I was hurting. Happy juice 8} I still felt the medicine go in and felt the burn thru my hip and leg but it was well worth it. I really cannot believe the difference. I can live like this. I have my life back. If this is how i am to manage my pain than so be it. Hopefully Ill be back to work by Sept 29th
  • This is so GREAT! I'm so happy for you.
  • Wow~That's great!

When I had my injections all I had was the first inj.of numbing agent and along came the other...and oh boy do they hurt.I had no happy juice...nothing like that,not even valium...but I did take my pain meds before I went in.I take those right after I open my eyes,before coffee or brushing my teeth even.
  • I have one scheduled for my lumbar region on Mondya. I am nervous, but a couple of weeks ago I got a discogram so the esi is not as bad. My first esi which was done in may was with no meds other than the local an my usual pain meds, I dont like the feeling much. I am hoping they can let me take a valum or something prior to for this one.

I hope your injection continues to give you relief.
advertisement