Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lumbar Fusion L4 and L5

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I just found out today that I have to have a lumbar fusion. Can anyone tell me what I am in store for?
advertisement

Comments

• the surgery section and I am sure that lots of folks will be glad to give you info. I did not have fusion but had microD and I was not prepared at all for post op. Lots of things are same like no BLT. One of the worst things that I was not prepared for was not being able to twist to use tissue after BM. Needed handheld shower massage to bathe myself and so on. I had not found this site preop or I certainly would have been more prepared. So you are smart in wanting to be prepared. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • Hi Pink

Welcome to the forum i hope you find out what you need in here!! I had a one level fusion because of Spondy and severe DDD, It was about a year ago and even tho it was scarie going in it wasn't as bad as i allowed myself to think it was! A person can scare themselves pretty bad in advance because of the "unknown"!! :?

Each person will recover from surgery according to how their body handles the surgery, things like smoking, being overweight and other disabilities a person may have is a serious factor in how well/fast a person recovers! I am the type of person who can not wait to get well and get on with my life so i pushed myself to do everything i was supposed to do to get well!

I walked every day even tho it hurt alot but short term pain is nothing compared to never being able to walk, etc!! #:S

Please ask me anything you want and i will give you honest answers, email if you want if it's real personal!! Take care and have a great day if you can!!

Evelyn :) :) :) :)
    Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.