Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I will have microdiscectomy on the coming friday

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
support me please
advertisement

Comments

• Mine is next week on Thursday

sally xx
  • best of luck to both of you....please post back when you can with an update. Take care....Miki
  • With Miki. Best of luck to both of you.
  • June 9th. Surgery was a snap, I was in overnight. With a Micro you may be home the same day. Nerve pain has been getting slowly but steadily better since then, and I have no regrets having it done. Honestly the hardest part of the recovery was the "no bending, no twisting" thing.

Good luck, and please keep us posted!
  • Good luck both of you. I had mine on April 28th of this year. I was home the same day and outside walking around the next.

The hardest part for me was that the surgery discomfort was almost non-existent, so I wanted to do too much too soon.

Take it easy...and to second what Cgb said, the nerves take a long time to heal (mine still aren't 100% yet..but improving.)

Good luck,
    Scott
  • I am so worry that I can not sleep well.
    I am in HongKong ( A small city in China).
    there is some different of the post operation care in our place. I will stay in hospital for some days.
  • I am from the UK and have been told they will keep me in a minimum of 2 nights. I am then going to stay with my friend for a week then coming home and wille be back with my daughter who is 12. Am hoping I will be ok to be by myself durng the days frm 8-3.30pm while my daughter is at High School. Im sure some of my friends will pop in when they can on the 2nd week though.

Just try to stay positive, all I can think is that hopefully I will stop feeling like the 60 yr old woman I have been since May this year and will be back to my sporty self and can shed the stone I have gained whilst beng off

Sally xxx
  • I just had mine yesterday and went home about 2 hours after the operation was finished....sorry to hear you both have to stay.

No worries on the operation....my sciatica was gone immediately and the back pain is manageable with meds and walking (yep, walking helps).

Hoping both of yours will go just as mine did thus far....keep good spirits/attitudes and keep us informed.
  • Good luck to the both of you on your ops.Like some have already said you wont feel a thing during the procedure and all going well you 'll be back on your feet in no time.Had mine on the 17th July and was left home the following day,every day since is better than the last getting stronger all the time.So good luck again and hope all goes well for ye.
  • to feel a bit like a 65 year old woman for a bit :O .

Prior to this back thing, I was a very active athlete and that has been the hardest part for me to accept.

My MD was on Aug 4th and I did not have an immediate end to my pain..........nor do I yet. I have good days and bad days, the ones that have me wondering if I will have a lifetime of pain. Luckily the good days give me hope and the expectation of being an athlete again.

The hardest thing is to take it easy......easier than it seems you should. I hate feeling old and fragile! But this is nothing you can push through......no pain, no gain just doesn't cut it.

Be glad you have a strong support system and make good use of it. Try to prepared for what could be an emotional roller coaster.......it sure feels like one sometimes.

Wishing you both a successful surgery and a full recovery!

G
  • good luck with your surgery!!!

what does the microdiscectomy help. herniated disc!? bulges!? i have two annular tears - is that an option for this problem
  • Am considering going with laser surgery for l4/5 and s1 severe facet disease. Anyone have experience with laser procedures?
advertisement