Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Chronic Pain
Only at night, I wake up with back pain and front chest pain, under breast bone...have had myriad of tests! just had a lumbar spine X-ray and top of back X-ray....had a car accident in 2004....no Doctor can tell me what the deal is......I have had heart monitor on, have had EKG...now taking mylanta, but last night still woke up twice with chest and back pain....like someone has a rope around my middle.......anyone else have this?..kp
advertisement

Comments

• Does the pain originate in the middle of you back? my pain goes around the back to the front around the nipple area /level. Have your dock if he can check the middle with an x-ray. my rib is out of place and it is half under my breast bone, is there a rib thats sore? or a "jump" point in there?. The wreck i had i was t- boned on my side,and it caused the back/ rib thing.
    I hope you find whats going on soon and relief too!
  • I had those exact same symptoms and it ended up being my gall bladder. i would have horrible pain right under my breasts and it felt like I was having a heart attack. I would also get pain in my back. After a year of misdiagnosis an emergecy room doctor finally figured out what was wrong. An ultra sound showed gall stones. You might want to ask your doctor about your gall bladder.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,722
    There is a condition that some Therapists refer to as the
    T4 Syndrome.
    Several years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night with crushing chest pains, some arm pain and tightness of my jaws.
    My wife being in the medical field, rushed me over to the hospital just in case there was a heart attack going on. I was admitted, stayed overnight, had all sorts of tests, EKG, etc, stress test the following day and nothing abnormal should up.
    Several weeks later I was at my physical therapist and was telling her the situation. She chuckled a bit and then said, Wait, did it feel like this? She pressed her finger in the middle of my chest mid sternum and the pains I felt that night were reproduced!
    She referred to it as the T4 Syndrome and how it can mimic a heart attack. I have yet to find this in a medical journal, but after talking to a number of members who have thoracic problems, many of them have repeated the exact same scenario.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
This discussion has been closed.