Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

nerve damamge

backpainishellbbackpainishell Posts: 970
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Spinal Injections
has n e 1 else got nerve damamge due 2 a delaying disc removel ? if so i would like 2 no ur story ! angie xx
advertisement

Comments

• but have heard others speak about waiting too long and having perm nerve damage. Hopefully someone will stop by and tell you their story!
  • =D> My name is Viki.  I live in Texas. My original diagnosis was and still is Torticollis with spondelosis and stenosis.  I had a decompressive cervical laminectomy in 1998, but I have never had pain shots for my neck, just botox injections.  In 2000 my lumbar and thorasic started really giving me trouble.  It was determined that I had SEVERAL herniated discs,fibromylgia and degererative disc disease.  My neuro surgeon and pain care doc decided I needed a neuro stimulator inplanted for my low back and legs, but I still have to take my injections.  Then I had to have another neuro stimulator inplanted for my neck.  I was just recently diagnosed with another herniated disc. Now it is time to play the "ping pong game".  I just saw my neuro surgeon and he doesn't want to do any surgery.  He says my spine is too unstable, so now it is back to my pain care doc to see what he wants to do.  I know I will continue with the injections, an that is fine with me.  I really hope the injections help you - I couldn't live without them. Enough about me, how did you do after you had the disc removed? Anxious to know.=D>  
  • hiya, thanx 4 ur reply,

after the removel i was ok 4 about 6 months, but since then ive been in alot of pain, i do blame myself 4 doing 2 much 2 quick. but these days i hav 2 b careful wot i do and pace myself as i hav been told 2 do so by the pm team, if u ever want 2 chat u can normally find me in the chat room.

angie x