Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Why Subject Posts should be in the Categories that match

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,720
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
Recently there have been a number of posts that have appeared in category areas where it is questionable if the subject really is pertinent to the category. We are NOT going to Force members as to where they make their post, but we will Strongly Suggest where they should be posted and Why

Spine-Health has been divided into different Category sections for valid reasons. The definition and separation of topics provides an easier method for members looking for data. These categories and major topics were put together with a joint effort between Spine-Health and the member community so as to be as open minded as possible.

When a new member registers they will receive a welcome email and a message that lays out these categories. (this is a new feature , so some newer members may not have seen this, but I post it in the New Members category)

So, if a new member wants to find something about Oxycontin, they are going to look in the Treatment section and
Pain Medications
When they want something about Cervical problems, they will
look in Pain under Neck Pain: Cervical.

When members post items about a specific topic and place it in a category/forum that really doesn't apply to, it makes it difficult for other members to follow.

The purpose of setting up these categories and then main forum topics was to make it easier for everyone to find information. If information is scattered all over the forum, it makes it much more difficult to find. One of the major complaints with this forum as well as in the old forum was that it was difficult to find a specific post on a specific topic.

If everyone followed these guidelines, it would make our task so much easier as where to direct members regarding certain topics.

Recently, topic posts, specifically dealing with medications (Oxy,Methadone,etc) have surfaced in almost every category. I really do hope that this trend stops and posts are made in the areas which make the most sense.

From time to time, the Admin and Moderator team will look at the entire site and will move Forums/Topics/Posts where they will be beneficial to the entire member community.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation with this matter

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement