Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question about x rays and diagnosis of leg/back pain, please read

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
Thanks for reading my post. My doctor ordered an x ray which I will have to pay for out of pocket. What will it be able to show? I know lot of issues have to do w/ tissue that won't show. I don't have insurance and am wondering if it is worth it.

2nd ?, here are my symptoms in order from most bothersome to least. Any ideas would be great. I went to GP yesterday and he mentioned several issues based on exam. When he lifted my left leg I have pain through my butt and back. It feels better to lay down. The leg pain started 3 or 4 months ago and the back pain just started 2 weeks ago.

1. Leg pain (achy like I just ran a marathon, way worse when active, especially climbing stairs, some sharp electiric like pains feeling like a sting, overall just weak and can't exercise much anymore)
2. Lower back pain
3. Pelvic pain (this is a newer symptom and maybe not connected, I am not sure)

Thanks so much for any input you have. I appreciate your time and concern
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to Spine Health. It sounds like your doc is right on track with the typical tests for radiculopathy and lower back pain. At least it's very consistent with what I and many others have gone through.

Please understand we are all patients ourselves or family members of patients, so we cannot give you a diagnosis. That is something only your doc can do.

We are definitely here to support you and listen whenever needed. Please keep us informed of what the doc has to say.

An x-ray is a good way to take a look for a multitude of problems with the spine. It is well worth the investment!

"C"
  • Hi there,

Welcome,

Go for it - you'll never rest until you know your films are clear or not.

Also, Oesteopaths are quite good at getting to the suugested cause of pain.
    Good luck
  • Wow, this really sounds to me like sciatica issues. I suppose it won't hurt however to have the x-ray, although an MRI will show more and what the x-ray does not. I have the same exact pains you have, and mine is from my sciatica. Good luck, please keep us informed.
  • :) hi! i have no money or private insurance and go to a local teaching hospitol. all the services are free including surgeries. this includes tests like an x-ray or an mri. because the services are free there is a very long wait where i go. sometimes 5 hours or more with an appointment. besides this i have no major complaint with the services. =D> it can be a welcome relief if you are broke! i see this is your first post and i want to welcome you as well. Jenny :)
  • I did get the list afterall. Thanks for that. I guess I will go ahead and get the x ray and go from there. Today I have a weird new pain that it very uncomfortable. When I sit down and stand up it is a pressure kind of pain below my tailbone almost in my inner butt cheeks, kind of graphic I know. It almost feels like a pushing feeling up my you know what. Has anyone experienced this??? Very weird. Thanks to everyone for the support. It helps.
  • The flexion/extension xrays showed alot of instability in my low back- the mri did not show this. Very worth the cost for me.

Julie
advertisement