Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

week 34

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
well week 34 is here and come what may we should all weigh in today,pain in the back we all have weeks when we feel we are not doing AS well as we should be but the main thing is that we keeping trying and we will get there in the end and be much more healthy for it.

As for me ive managed to get 2 pounds off this week, i have up my excerise but i also have nt been eating as much due to the tooth, root canaltreatment starts on tuesday if the infection has cleared,such fun lol,but atleast it seems to be helping the weight loss plan lol.
hope you are all well
advertisement

Comments

• There is no stopping you right now is there Ben - well done, I wish I had a fraction of your energy/motivation.

This week hasn't been great for me, I had to work some long hours away from home and also the plumbing hasn't been working so well (if you know what I mean) over the last couple of days!!

Things seem to be on the move again now (I know, I know .... too much information), so I will be weighing in tomorrow.

Hope the rest of you are doing as well as Ben.

Sandra
  • Met my 1 lb goal for this week, that is 7 lbs in as many weeks, pretty good I guess, I feel like I can do better but this is pretty good considering how little exercise I am getting.

I went out to dinner with friends last night, everyone ordered dessert except me (I really was full, trying to listen to my body). I had a couple of spoonfuls of someone's dessert and it was just the right amount.

So, need to be more consistent with my PT exercises (started back up last week) and start challenging myself with more aerobic exercise (i.e. walking, no decathlons in my near future), that should step it up for me.

benji that is fabulous - yey!! You keep it going!! Sandra I hope you are feeling better, bet you are glad to be home. How did everyone else do?
  • :) :) well done benji and aimless! <:P nice way to start off a new week! i gained 2 pounds. ~X( i have a migraine headache from pain from overexercising last week. i have looked at my behaviours from top to bottom and don't know what i did wrong. i may be battling a lost cause with the Lyrica. i followerd my Sparkpeople program all week as well. i am so disappointed! i almost didn't show up today at all but know that isn't an honest way to run my program! Jenny ~X(
  • exactly what I weighed now in the beginning. I have been in so much pin this last week or two that I just havent had the energy to bother. Other than that I have no excuses. I just get tired of hurting all the time.
    Okay starting tomorrow Im gonna try again. I need this weight off.

Christina
  • jenny we need you,you have helped me so much,don t beat yourself up,the weight loss could show up next week,that sometimes the way it works,Aimless well done you and mrs doof i now u can do it
  • 1 lb up this week. Oh well. Being back in the classroom has helped to keep my mind off snacking but I have not had the energy to exercise. Plus the pain level went up a notch. A little worried about this week. I will have my first ESI tomorrow afternoon (very nervous). I am going to the store to buy fresh fruits and veggies to snack on just in case I get the munchies. Hopefully I can shoot for another pound in the other direction this week.

Good luck to everybody.
  • :) benji, what a good friend you are! i can count on hearing you cheer me on. =D> i am ready to get going. had a really rough day today. could only sleep and not eat! lol!Christina, maintenance is ok in this group. so you had a good week and know how to do even better this coming week. Everybody gather yourselves, make your plans and follow through! Jenny :)
  • I could not believe what I read! You are our strength here and we must check in on Sunday, good or bad! I will bet that you will take those two lbs off plus one more next week! Women do have fluctuations in fluid and if you know that you followed your program you can't go wrong. You will succeed if you stick to it. You just had two great weeks and it is not normal to keep losing at 4 lbs a week! Do not let this very minor setback get you down. I bet if you weigh on Wednesday those two pounds will be gone. It is just your body leveling out from the last major loss that you had. Now, I am very surprised because I managed somehow to lose 1/2 lb. Not much but hey these days I will take it.
    Elaine, You did great. 2 lbs is a very realistic amount to lose on a weekly basis and more likely to be able to keep it off.
    Ok, I am tired now from all this typing. lets all give it our best shot for the coming week.
    BTW- I have more weight to lose than anyone here, gained 4 1/2 lbs last month and if I can still keep coming back and not give up then I know that all of you can do it! Good luck to all.
  • I almost forgot but something that I started the last few days that has really helped me to gain control of my portions at meal times and may help some of you is a cup of broth before each meal. Just use 2 boullion cubes to 8-12 ounces boiling water. It actually helps me not to overeat at meals. I do this for lunch too. only 10 calories and actually pretty satisfying.
  • :) txteacher, you have the right attitude and are becoming aware of exactly what you need to do to lose weight. =D> it is such a learning experience with a lot of give and take. finally you will find just the right combination of diet, exercise and pain control to make your program work. having snacks on hand is really preparing yourself and a good way to help insure a loss this coming week. good luck with your procedure and rest when you get home!! I) take extra special care of yourself for the next few days! Jenny :)
  • :) painintheback! HURRAY! <:P this could be the very start you needed!! maybe the shorts were the last straw!! thank you for your kind words. i am just so happy about your loss!! <:P the boullion trick is a really good idea. you WILL find the methods to help you lose. :? when the cold weather gets here you will probably appreciate your boullion even more! your persistenece has payed off!!! Jenny :)
  • Plumbing seems to be back to normal now!

Anyway, no change here, I've managed to hang onto the pound that I put on the previous week ...... sigh, it's all a bit wearing isn't it.

No motivation, no energy, no chance. I'm feeling a bit down at the moment and am expecting a dressing down from you all :''(

Laters
  • :) doof, well i am not sure if i should meet your expectations or not. do you need to get your behind in gear and do something positive to lose some weight? :T on the other hand you sound like you might have some incentive to change your habits. are you getting tired of the same old thing? :''( whichever approach works for you grab on and take advantage of a new week! i am more than happy to whip you into shape whenever you need it! lol! glad to hear your tummy is all better! =D> Jenny :)
  • u ve had a tough enough week so you should be content that you did nt put on weight,youl b back to yourself soon,start planning your trip to ireland, mrs p and i would soon put a smile of ur face,could be worse u could be off to the dentist tomorrow like me lol
  • It's a new week, bringing new challenges (they have already started to fall on my desk)!!

I'm not giving up, I don't have the energy or motivation to do any excercise at the moment. I've been doing extra hours at work and I think I'm paying for it #:S , I guess that's just the nature of the beast.

I'll see you all again on Sunday. Hope you all have a good week and good luck at the dentist Ben, be a brave girl.

Sandra
  • :) i started a new part time job today. i can't tell you the lift i felt when i said i was going to work today!!! :X it is a job i can do even with my physical problems. pain won't be a big issue. i won't be eating there either so that is a good thing in itself! =)) making a change in my life has caused me to stand a little bit taller and worry about my pain a little less! i hope this is a good week for everyone. the goal of a pound seems to be a good idea. count me in as well. Jenny :)
  • jenny good for you,let us know how u get on

where in the middle off the week now,hows things going for u all.if its been a good week keep it going,if its not been so good then you have still time to make if work,come on i know you can do it,not so sure about me though lol
  • What type of work will you be doing? Has it been awhile since you worked? I want to go back to work so bad that I can taste it!
    BTW- I am still giving some effort. I did pretty good until today. But tomorrow is another day and another opportunity!
  • yesterday i had 2 choc cookies,but im not going to beat myself up about it ill just start again today think it might be that time of month again when i crave chocolate so need to be extra careful,so painin the back im starting today again with you

jenny what you re doing is so worthwhile its wonderful to be able to give support to those who need it , i miss doing that so much ,just be mindful of your back as im sure you will be

have a good day everyone
  • but I bet that your neighbor is really going to appreciate you! And I know that it will make you feel good to be doing something so worthwhile.
    Elaine, This Cymbalta is for me what Lyrica is for you! I tried to titrate down to every other day at the beginning of the week and was sooooooo sick. I have to put getting off on hold unless my doc has a better suggestion on how to keep me from being so sick when I see him on Monday. My first grandson will be here in 3-4 weeks and I do not want to be going through withdrawals. This stuff makes be feel so bad though.
    Ok everyone, we still have a couple more days to work on things so hopefully everyone will do good or at least OK this week.
  • :) painintheback, just pick up again tomorrow and don't worry about today!! you have had almost half a week in and only a half to go!! i will be taking care of a neighbor who is dying of brain and pancreatic cancer. his wife needs a break and i will give her about 20 hours a week. it is a hospice situation. i am tired but ready to go tomorrow! hang in there !!! Jenny :)
  • painin back until ur grandson arrives,theres nothing like the smell of a newborn baby(what is your real name feel bad calling u pain lol)i ve been to the gym this am trying to work off those damm cookies,but my leg is playing u up.

hows the job going jenny are you managing ok.
    where is al the others ,come on let us know how ur doing good or bad
  • and hurting is my game! lol Actually I really want to say my real name but am super paranoid about it. I am on LTD right now and am waiting for a hearing on SSD. I am so afraid that if it were known that I can use a computer for a couple of hours a day that they would say that I could work. It would not matter to them the strange positions that I have to be in to come here. I know it sounds strange but you can never really be too careful. So just call me pain. It is actually what my two older sisters called me when I was little so I feel right at home! =))
  • and excitement about my first grandbaby can't even come close to what I feel! I can hardly think of anything else! (unfortunately that includes weight loss) !
  • Hello all - been out of town all week (NYC - it was HOT!!) Working long hours, and of course all I wanted to do after being in an office all day was walk. And I overdid it, again. So frustrating!! The pain meds work, as long as I don't really move around... sorry I won't get started on this here..

Anyhow, I did okay with portions but could have done better, and had a few indulgent moments involving rice pudding and baklava. Not my best week. The nerve pain from the walking really got to me (and I'm still feeing it, both the nerve pain and the frustration).
  • :) aimless, so nice to hear from you! :H i overdid my week as well and am paying the price this weekend. doesn't it always go that we knew it could happen!! is that giving it our all or being foolish? i have never decided about that!! =)) it sounds like you were to busy to overeat much!! see you tomorrow!! Jenny
  • :) thank you both for your support. =D> i am in alot of pain today but have till Tuesday to feel better. i can hang in there if the pain doesn't get worse than this. 8} it is only temporary and i am working with someone feeling worse than i am right now. i didn't think that would matter but it does. i tend to really put myself under alot of pain when i do this, for that reason. ~X( anyway, i don't mean to talk on about this. i can to to my husband, but talking with women is so different. lol! everyone have a really good weekend and put a couple of extra calories away today! the effort everyone puts in can make or break the weight-loss forum! Jenny :)
  • :) painintheback, you must be so excited! you are going to get a workout when that little one gets here!! no sleep either! I) keep your eye on the weight loss ball, you have done really well this week!! could checking in more often helped? Jenny :)
  • Jenny, you're so good at keeping us going!
    How was your first week on the new job?
  • I am not so sure about the good week. I now live 3 hours away from my son and expected grandson so unfortunately for me he will not keep me that busy. :''( But, I do intend on visiting him often and will bring him home with me as often as allowed! I will check in the morning.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.