Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lyrica for Headaches?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Does anyone take lyrica for headaches? What dosage?

I have 24/7 muscular (NOT migraine) headaches. Massage, chiro and many other "things" are not helping. Valium is the only thing that's helped so far but now I'm dealing with side affects.

Neurologist thought headaches were due to fibro. not neck damage.

Many meds and supps. have made my headaches worse.
advertisement

Comments

• hi

my daughter had 2 c a neuro surgeon. this was because she was having episodes of fainting. after she had one of these episodes, she suffered a bad headache, and he prescibed lyrica she was takin 25mg a day. after a day or so she started 2 feel unwell , tired , didnt want 2 wake-up in the mornings, but it wasnt until she started producing breast milk they took her off it. but we cud not understand y he prescribed it because she didnt suffer headaches until after a faintin episode, by they dont happen that often.

angie
  • I take 400mg of Lyrica a day. It is prescribed for nerve pain. In fibro patients, and also in diabetic and other neuropathys. I would question a doctor who was prescribing it for headaches. IMHO, that is not a reason to be using this medication. It is a potent drug, and does have side effects that can be bad. There must be some good medications out there for headaches, but Lyrica is not one of them. Flexeril or Baclophen are much better meds for muscle pain. Good luck.