Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Rhonda

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 04/11/2013 - 5:43 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone, :D :H
First off I have 5 children ans my husband has two. We have 7 grandkids now. 4 of them within a three month period and one more in Dec. I have had a life size playhouse built. My two oldest grandkids love the trampoline I got for them. They also have a jungle gym out there for them. I have made our back yard into a playground. The 4 yr old just loves the yard all the things in our back yard.
I also have 8 dogs that are mostly house dogs when we are home. I have 2 chahuahua, 3 yorkies, 2 schnauzers, and a boxer. They all sleep with us except the boxer and one of the schnauzers. I was one who didn't like dogs at all. Now I have 7 of them that are mine. I just love dogs now.
I have degerative disc disease, Back pain from upper to lower, depression,chronic pain, spinal stenosis. herniated disc in my neck, arthritis ans fibromyalgia.

I have already had two surgerys on my neck and they were both fused. I have two more disc that have problems. One has bone spurs, the other is herniated, I had chriropractic therapy, and epidural injections. Nothing has worked and now the pain is going down my arms.
They have also found two herniated disc on my lower back. I am tired of hurting. Massages help so much but I can't afford to get them as much as I want to go.

On top of that my fibromyagia is out of control. I am on so many meds right now. 100 mcg Fentanyl patch has worked the best. I am on Lyrica but you gain so much weight.

Other meds I am on: Ambien CR, Flexeral, high blood pressure med, effexor xr, synthroid, detrol LA, Lyrica, Fentanyl patch.

Well, I have now told you al about me. Just waiting to hear from someonel.

Rhonda ~X( :)))
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Rhonda, welcome to the site! You'll find lots of folks here who can relate. I think we have a section for each of your diagnoses, you should be able to find lots of helpful info. Happy to have you!

Tammy
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. I am a dog person myself. i have a boxer/pit right now and she is the love of my life. :X i suffer from many of the same things you do. i am on 300mg Lyrica daily as well and have gained over 30 pounds. working hard to take it off though. Lyrica works wonders on my sciatica. several people here are on the patch and like it alot. i use Flexeril as you do. good luck in finding pain relief. you will find comfort and joy here on the forum. there is always someone to talk to! Jenny :)