Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does anyone have?

Jaws650JJaws650 Posts: 34
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone who has DDD have this same problem ?
I have DDD in my lumbar L3 thru S1 and L5-S1 is narrowed. When I walk or even move that part of my spine I can feel it popping or snapping when I walk it pops every time I lift my left leg. And sometimes it can be quite painfull.
Anyone else experience that? and have you had to have something done ? or any suggestions?

Thanks, Jaws
advertisement

Comments

• No DDD here, (that I know of) but I can tell you this: When my pain first began (lumbar) it felt as if my spine was crushing itself every time I stood up straight, I could only get relief by bending over, or leaning on something. Recently, it no longer feels that way. When I am walking, it feels as though my spine shifts, as if it were in two pieces, and the top piece slides off of the bottom. Its only for a spit second, excruciating, and happens frequently. Its almost like a pop, as if it pops in and out of place...
  • That almost describes it. Except I only get relief when I lay down. But yea, feels like my spine is detached and slipping.
  • Hi, I have DDD and one disk in the lower lumbar region which has had repeat herniations and has a anular tear. The feeling and sounds could be weak back muscles from the injury in which the back core muscles have not been strengthend enough.

Have you been to any kind of back therapy? or are you doing core re-building exercises?
  • I agree with Wally, you need to be doing core stability exercises and if you can get to a heated pool, just walking in the pool would do you a lot of good. I know the 'popping' sound as I was ggetting that when I first herniated my discs and before i had a laminectomy/discectomy. It both felt and sounded awful.

The more you can 'support' your back the more your back can support you.

Core stability is the key

Blessings Sara O:)
  • Thanks, I think your all right. I see my PM on the 23rd and this time I've got a list of questions for him. That will be one of them.

Thanks again
advertisement