Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new to message board

neednewbacknneednewback Posts: 229
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
Hey there, I just joined the other day and have been reading non-stop. I have mulitple bulging discs a tear and various levels of degeneration. I finaly got sent to get a Discogram and they found two discs that are bad off, but one that reproduced my main pain L3 L4 and the doctor used the words "totally diseased" and said the dye was hardly able to get into the disc.

I have been dealing with back pain for years, but with my now 15 month daughter and lots of stress it was progressivly getting worse with various very bad muscle spasms. I saw a chiropractor back in late Febuary and was put in so much pain I have been on pain medication since (being at the chiropractor didnt hurt, it was a progresive thing afterwards). I am now on time release morphine, percocet and robaxin.

I have always been able to lay on my back even on hard surfaces, but since then I cant lay on my back and have only been able to lighly stretch in my hot tub. I have a consultation with a surgeon soon and I'm not sure what my furture holds.

Anyhow, sorry for the long post but it's nice to be a part of a group that understands what living in pain is like and may have some insight on maters.

Thanks,

Mitch
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to spine-health,good luck seeing your surgeon...
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i have problems similiar to yours and am on morphine and percocet as well. are you on anything for your muscle spasms like Flexeril? i do exercises and stretching to help with my pain. surgery is not an option for me. i hope you look at all areas of treatment before you choose surgery. :? good luck and please keep us posted as you progress. Jenny :)
  • I have off and on burning in my left foot, tingling in my toes and I sometimes limp due to left leg pain. The worst thing lately is that if there is any pressure on my back I start to have little spasms from about my mid back to my lower and my pain get elevated to the not talking phase and no amount of medication makes it go away. My lower back/upper butt area is always very tender.
  • Have you tried them? Usually during spasms that is all that will work for relief. Like others here have suggested please make sure that you have exhausted all conservative treatment before opting for surgery. Surgery is not always a fix and some of us come out with more pain than we went in with. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • I take Roboxin, I know that it helps but obviously not enough.
advertisement