Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

oops posted this on the wrong subject before,

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
Hi there I had a microsurgery on the 19th August 2wks ago. I needed no pain killers after operation but did later on. I felt quite good . Just pain from the wound and hardly any pain down the leg or in the bottom like i had before.
Then 11 days later I had to make a journey to pick up my son from airport with my partner . Which involved sitting down for 25 mins whereby i noticed the pain in my leg was starting again. On way back I was okay i lay in the back seat down. Next morning again same pain as before operation. Ugh did i do something wrong? Could i have compressed the nerve again by sitting down for that amount of time? I don't understand surely I could not have damaged anything by sitting yet it seemed to bring on the same pain again. Although i am still on the lycria as they have not taken me of it I still felt the pain again. I do the exercises and have been very careful. Am I worring about nothing . Will it get better with time like everyone says . I just so worried i did something wrong as at first it felt great to have no pain in the bum and leg , now its back again ugh help! Can anyone help reasure me iam worring unduly?
advertisement

Comments

• Why don't you call your surgeons office and ask them? As I understand it MD often re-herniate especially right after the surgery as simply from sneezing or coughing.

Is the pain the same level or worse? I would think the surgeon would want to know and get you in for another mri.

Good luck,

Julie
  • \hi thank you Julie

We can't just ring up our surgeon in Uk. Wish we could .
    I did not do anything to re herniate I know for fact. The pain is not the same. I have been to careful. I have appointment for 6wks with the surgeon, then I can speak with him only.
    I have physiotherapy on Monday also . I will see what they say. Maybe I will be the 5% whereby the operation is not going to be successful. I don't know yet as only 14 days have past. I just pray it will get better as the weeks go by .
    Thank you again how are you doing ? let me know

I would not have another operation at this stage now as I relise that with time the body will heal itself.
  • Oftentimes, the nerves need time to heal. I had fusion which is different, but my surgeon said not to get worried if old pain returns. He said the nerves are responding to the surgery and this is common. Says give it time. Good-luck, sorry you cannot reach your surgeon. Here in the US we often have to wait for a return call, but can usually get someone in a day or so. Take care, Sue
  • Thank you for your suggestions. Actually I did phone up the ward and they booked me for another MRI scan tomorow with a follow up appointment with the surgeon . So I was quite surprised about that. But not getting any better. Will put my mind at rest that everything is going well or not as it is a long process, but I just don't feel any different than before thank you. :SS
advertisement