Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My first son

manaleriemmanalerie Posts: 547
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Water Cooler
Hey everyone, just wanted to share a picture with you. This is my baby. My first "child" His name is RowdyMutt, he's a border collie, a cattle/sheep herding dog. I love him with all my heart... and he is a wonderful big brother to CJ, and the smartest dog I have ever seen. Sometimes a little too smart for his own good.

He's going on 9 years old, and I can see its taking its toll. He's a little slower, a little more tired, and even a little grouchy at times.

He has been my best friend for so long. He warms my heart and makes me smile. He sits in front of the couch, and stares at me, till I tell him its ok to get up there with me.

He can't stand to see me cry, and will shove his nose under my arms, and cover my face with his kisses. Makes me smile every time.

Since we brought CJ into the world, my poor RowdyMutt doesn't get half as much of the attention he deserves, and it breaks my heart. I pray that one day we will live in a place with a nice yard for him to play. One day CJ will be big enough, and old enough to play with him... I hope and pray that he will be around to be a big brother for another nine years!!!

I Love you RowdyMutt!!

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,715
    Hi Amanda,
    We were in a similar situation. We had our first dog about 2 years before our first child. That dog (Cinder) stayed with us until my kids were 9 and 12.. So she (dog) had plenty of fun with my two kids and my children loved playing with her.

Heres to all my wishing for RowdyMutt and CJ growing up together as Friends!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com