Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Some more advice

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
Hello and thanx to everyone!!!

Hello and Thanks to everyone who has responded to me. I am sorry that I have not written back to all of you,but I went back to work last week-light duty only and that does take my mind off of of things somewhat.

My daughter is starting college tomorrow and thank God it is local cause she has been so helpful thru all of this as has my wife. It has been 6 weeks now since this all started and while I am improving I am still scared and worried.

I did go back to work and I can drive but the pain in the lower back is still there and of course the leg pain. I do walk alot and that helps. I take the Soma and also Advil and find the advil helps alot. I am still doing Physical therapy and massage therapy for 6 more weeks as my Ortho Doc's order. He offered me the epidural shot again and I am still on the fence with that one.

I guess I am just worried as to how long this is gonna go on. I have been told it could be 3 to 6 months. I also have several bulging discs and worried about them too. The Doc said no drumming for awhile and no lifting as I said..I just want my life back and if one more person asks me when I am having surgery I will scream!!

I have only talked to 4 people who had success with surgery...more wished they had not and reading alot of the comments here about surgical results scares me even more. I guess I just needed to vent today.

Thanks to all of you for listening and if anyone has any advice ..puhleeze let me know....a frustrated drummer...Rick
advertisement

Comments

• One of the things I wound up doing was getting a different vehicle. I didn't want to depart with my SUV, but everytime I climbed into it, within seconds I would hurt.

I remembered when I was a teenager that my mom had problems with her back and the doc said that she should look to see if her knees were higher than her hips when she sat in her car. Sure enough they were. Once she got a different vehicle it helped.

So I sold my SUV and picked up a "soccer mom van" and it really eliminated the issue with my lower back when driving. I had to sit in a bunch of different vehicles until I found just the right one though.

I wish I could tell you that this will all stop real soon and you'll be fine. Many many people are able to battle off back pain and leg pain from herniated discs without surgery, but it does take one crucial element ... time.

Come and vent away as much as you need!

"C"