Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Viewing your own Posts

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,733
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
I am working on a new view. View My Posts
It will be on the Navigation Menu right after View Buddy Posts.
Give it a try. It not fancy, but for now a potential method to view your own posts
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• I tried it and it shows my Forum Topic Posts..It shows the subject and responses and when they were..That looks like a good way to track your own forum topics.. :))) jade
  • Just want to make sure I got it right. This shows only the posts you created, not the replies to others posts?
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,733
    and from there you can follow the replies. It provides the timestamp of the last post, but you would have to follow your thread to get there.
  • I like the new post. I like the new post, hi ho the cherrioe I like the new post
  • You make me laugh! :))( I just got back on the message board so I haven't checked this out yet. I wish I had a method of remembering other post's that I have responded to. Does this help with that? I'll go and take a look! :?
  • /:) So I click on it and I have one...Hello,I'm new here,blah blah blah.. =))

This says a lot about me... :/

For someone like me who posts mostly to others threads the 'My Points' under MY STUFF still works best.I thank Cindy for that...I don't know Cindy,but I thank her anyway... ;)

View My Posts is a cool new feature for those topic starters =D>
  • didn't even notice that was there, still going to my points to see my posts lol #o
  • This is great to view our own threads that we started, but can you add our posts on other members' threads? It isn't hard to remember our own topics, but remembering where we have posted on someone else's threads is the difficult part.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • You're very welcome! Maybe we won't have to use the My Points method much longer.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
    Cynthia,

I am looking at this. I am trying to get the view filters to provide what you are talking about. It seems like a combination of viewing your own posts and viewing you buddy's
    post, and not all of your posts are going be made to someone who is in your buddy list.

I am trying to accomplish this on our Sandbox Spine-Health system. If I can get this done, I will move it over to the production system
  • What's with the Cynthia business? I'm only called Cynthia when I am in big trouble. Yikes! What did I do? First someone removed my signature, and now I'm being called Cynthia.

Cindy
    Sorry Cindy,
    Thats basically the same for me...
    When I behave I am RON
    When I am in trouble its RONALD
    Cindy,

I posted a warning about a week ago. Seems like IF you use
    one of the new fields on your Profile (Medical History, Birthdate, Location) and submit it, it wipes out your signature line. This is not happening for everyone! So I am still a bit puzzled by why.
    Knowing this , I have a Copy/Paste of my signature line taht I keep in a Word Document, if I need it again.
  • Cynthia and Ronald!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X( Naw , you aren't really in trouble , I just wanted to call you Cynthia and Ronald.... >:D<
    I added a new view
    View My Topics and Posts
    This sort of provides a view of your own posts and posts that you made to other topics. Right now, I am not crazy about the layout or how the filter is working. But its a start.

I do not have it near the top of My Stuff... You need to scroll down a bit to find View My Topics and Posts
  • Ron, this still only leads to our own threads, not other member topics that we have posted to. Need to work on it more please. This seems to be about the same thing as view my posts, which isn't really view my posts at all, but rather view my topics (threads). So confusing. I'm going to have to go back to school to figure all of this out!
  • No one gets away with calling me Cynthia ~X(

It goes back to an old show of the Brady Bunch when Cindy's brothers called her Cynthia, indicating that she was prissy and stuck up. My brothers started calling me prissy pants Cynthia after that, and I have hated "Cynthia" ever since.

On the other hand, the name "Ronald" seems like a proper name for someone old like Ron. =)) I haven't seen anyone younger than about 70 with the name of Ronald.... Ron, just how old are you? Or should that be Mr. Ronald DiLauro, as my parents taught me to always use Mr. and Mrs. with my elders. :H
    I can add any view filter that is built into the system.
    So far, I havent been able to find everything.
    But when I tried that View Posts Plus I also found posts to subjects that I did not author.
    Let me check some more
    Cindy,
    I changed the filter so that the Original topic is NOT
    one by the current logged on Author (meaning = you, the person that is logged on) and then it will present the last poster, but the thread also meant that some where in that topic you did make a post.

I renamed View My Topics and Posts
    to
    View Topics I've posted

Give that a whirl.
  • its great, it works, you make my life alot simpler, now my mind is not having to remember all these post and stuff, thanks to you i have a little more room in my brain and just maybe now i wont forget to cook dinner tonight.. and all to the bo--man three cheers to you ron.. patsy hoping to soon be aka as ladybug .....
  • viewing your posts is great! =D> I see that I blabbed a whole lot more than I thought. 8} jade
  • now how can I make that be advantagous for me????
  • Is there a way to list the post's by my last post first? Anytime someone replies to a thread that I have posted in, it comes to the top of MY list. My last post might be on the second page, you know?
    Ouch, the name Ronald!

Ben, let me see what other filters I can set up. I dont want to touch this one yet. I will try to create another view.

But let me make sure I know what you are looking for:

Your POSTS and your LAST Post displayed FIRST

Are you the Originator (Author) of the Topic?
    Or does it not matter, just something you posted to

• when you are on a "Forum" page. Across the top you can mouse-over "created", "Topic", etc and a little box comes-up that says "sort by". If you could sort by your last reply to threads. Is this confusing?

You've done good and hate to ask one more thing....I just got to playing with it yesterday after seeing this thread and that's my take on it.

Get 'R Done, Ronald!
  • I am sorry............. :( It won't happen again , I promise... ;))
    the more I respect what you have to say.
    I started working on some sortable views on Last Poster, Last Post time, etc... None of them really made sense to me and did not provide the type of information you were looking for.

Hopefully, I have not run out of room in terms of configuring fields and filters for our views. This software is still a bit cumbersome for me to manipulate. I had it pretty well figured out with PunBB on our old site and as you have seen on the Isle.

But I am digging into this as much as I can. I have looked at so many of the Drupal add ons and suggestions. So far, I do not have want you are looking for, but I will continue to try to get as close as I can.
  • I was never around when what is called the old forum was here. so maybe my opinions doesn't count as much. but i am very impressed in the short time i have been on this forum at how things have gotten better,much easier to get where i wanna get to, easier to follow threads, not to mention all the new views, and i will be the first to say at times i need help from the Mod Squad. is that what they call all you helpers? or is it admin? what are you spose to be called? well back to my statement, anytime im having a problem with something on this forum, someone is always right there for me. and i think that is real nice cause at times i can really need some help, and they never make me feel like im being a pain in the rearend... and i just want to say thanks to all you mod-admin-or whatever you are spose to be called.... thats all folks. im tryin real hard to make my post a little shorter than usual. its hard but look i did it this time.. patsy
    Patsy, aka LadyBug, I appreciate you kind words. You can call us anything you want, the Mod Squad are members just like yourself that want to help.

I've always believed in helping others as much as possible. There is no such thing as a dumb question. This forum site has a sophisticated software that is capable of providing so many functions, figuring out which ones we want and need is always a challenge. Considering this, we understand that when you log on to Spine-Health, you are looking for help or looking to give help. You should not need to worry about HOW to do something, if its not there or its not clear, ASK and we will always try our best to respond. My views of the Moderator and Administrator team is that we are Teachers providing guidance and support, and that we are NOT Policeman that have to watch out for violators.

What makes this site more unique that other sites is the member community. Its almost like a big family. So at times, the family might get into a little wrestling match, but bottom line, members here care about other members.

Your posts, you private messages are just one example about how each person can make a difference.

LadyBug, I am tipping my hat to you
    In my quest to satisfy the request that Ben asked for, I made a few updates to this view. Now this is what is displaye:

Author Date Subject LTime LPoster MPost

Author
    The member that started the topic

Date
    Date the topic was created

Subject
    The Topics Subject

LTime
    Last time a post was made to this topic

LPoster
    The Last Person to post for this topic

MPost