Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Crazy symptoms....help...its hurts so much!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Lower Back Pain
:( Ok, so here is going to be the craziest thing that you may have ever read on here......
It is very painful to sit down. It feels like my tail bone is broke or something. I have to constantly shift positions from left to right cheek, sit up, hunch down, bend to the left or bend to the right, lean forward or lean back.
When its time to stand up, I want to pass out from the pain. Its takes me a little bit to be able to work up to standing and I have to go through a process of leaning forward and placing my weight onto my hand and writs on whatever I may be braced on and then work my way to standing because it cause so much pressure in my butt when I stand!
You can actually feel what seems to be a bone that has fell or shifted and is now located in my right butt cheek and is about 1-2 inches below the top of my "crack".
Just to sit here and type, I am sitting in the chair cockeyed on my left cheek with my hips shifted to the right and my chest is shifted back to the left. I know this dont make alot of sense but its the only way to get some relief. Now, I do have Sciatica in the right side that I was diagnosed with about 5 years ago. <y legs ache constantly, my hips throb and my back always feels like its been set on fire and someone is kicking me in my low back.
Does anyone out here have ANY ideas as to what might be happening with my back and butt area? Its getting to the point where I cant handle life anymore. I do have a wheelchair for very hard times but I refuse to use it. I also have been prescribed a couple of walking sticks that I do not use.
Any suggestions? #o
Thank you and God bless you
advertisement

Comments

• and welcome to the forum. Have you seen a doctor about this? If not , then you probably need to. I am not sure what this could be but it definitely sounds like something that you need to have checked out quickly. Have you been in some type of accident or something that could be causing this? Please do keep us updated as to what you find out and how you are doing. If there is anything that I can help you with then please just let me know. Take care....Miki
  • AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
    edited 06/14/2016 - 2:27 PM
    Hello:
    Well i´m no doctor but by the simptoms description it´s possible to be a Pilonidal cyst.

try to consult some web about this:
    http://www.pilonidal.org .

If the problem is this don´t be woried because it has simple
    resolution.

Some years ago i had this problem. years earlier before i could not sit down i was feeling the same thing at the basis of my spine it felt like a tail beneath the skin but a few years later it swelled and the soluction was a surgery it´s a easy one because it is just a nest of hair beneath the surface of the skin, but at least in my country the recover time it was about 3 months because by option they leave the wound opened.
  • and go through much the same as you are describing. Have you had MRI or xrays? How do your facet joints look? My husband had a Pilonidal cyst years ago but it was visible. Are you extremely stiff and very hard to get out of bed in the mornings?
  • Hi and welcome to spine-health!!
    Sorry under yukky circumstances.

I have had horrible tail bone pain before. But it was from a fall and surgery together. But I know how painful it can be!!

Yes so many things to check into. Xrays, CT scan etc.
    I would make appt w/ your Dr if able so you do not have to suffer anymore. If it gets to bad (like it sounds it is)
    go to the ER. Hopefully they can get you some proper treatment and pain relief.
    Hey at least there the xrays etc are done on the spot.
    Might cost a bit more but sometimes worth it....
    Been there done that many of times.

Try soft gel icepacks or heat.
    Try not to sit up for to long if allowable.
    Lay on your side if you can.
    A donut ring also helps relieve some of the pressure of the that area.

Good luck
    Let us know how you make out!!! >:D<
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.