Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chrissy is home from ACDF! C4-5 C 5-6

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey friends.

Just a quick not to let you all know I am home and the surgeon says all went well. All the nurses and cna's that I was really doing well and they were for the most part very very professional.

For all those who told me the posterior approach was more painful I am here to BACK THAT UP. Not to say this surgery is not painful beccause it is, but not quite as bad as the otherone.

Now I am home and on the couch with my stylish Anti-Embolism stockings.. By the way they are the new fashon statement.

Well I need to lay down and recline some more so I will check back later tomorrow

Thanks for the support.

Chrissy
advertisement

Comments

• glad your home,get your rest and tell us more when your up to it, in the mean time know we are thinking about you!
  • Good news, Chrissy! I am so glad everything went well, and you are now home recovering. But remember to take it easy! Rest, as soon as you feel tired and don't overdo it. Tomorrow is another day.

Best wishes for a new painless future!

Kin
  • i am glad you back home recovering. is your mom there with you ? we hope to hear more from you soon. we haven't heard anything from JUST ME yet. i hope she is o.k. after her shoulder surgery. take it easy CHRISSY
    >:D<
    ALWAYS
    oNe arMeD LeO
  • So glad your back home!!!!!
    So glad things went well so far!!!

Did you mean "posterior"??? is more painful
    or is it those loopy drugs they have u on silly?? 8} 8} I) I)

I was told by Drs "posterior" is more painful as your laying on the incision w/ the brace etc...
    Mabye I am loopy to ;) #o

My ACDF incision was a peice of cake compared to the lumbar :O
    Not to everyone, but some of us...
    I never had any pain in the incision at all. Just the sides of my neck were sore/shoulders burned etc.
    I kept neosporian on it to minimize scaring. IT HELPED.
    Looks like normal wrinkle in my neck lol
    That also helps w/ the pain /if your having it there.
    Lay ice packs on your shoulders it is heaven sent O:)

You shall feel better soon!!!! :*

HANG IN THERE GIRL!!!
    I have it all covered on the other thread..

REST, REST, WATCH TV, REST, WALK, REST, WALK, T.V. REST, WALK u get the idea :D

Love ya!!!
    HUGS >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • to see that you are home. Rest well and post back when you can.....take care.....Miki
  • Good to hear you are home and all went well. Just try to relax and let the healing begin.
    mark
  • Terri,
    You were right I did mean posterior so I went in ther and changed it. Tyrinto type is a bit of a chore. The computer has to be at a funky angle as th collar prevetns normal posture for that sor of thing. Thanks God for my lap top.

Anyway, I am doing pretty well so dar, I got home and had lucn and went for a short slow walk outside with my Mom. I just love my Mom so much and I am truly blessed to have her here with me.
    After the walk I went on up to my bed and rested/slept a while then came down stairs and talked with my Mom a while. We had dinner and went for another short walk. I sat in the yard while watching her water my garden...that was nice.

I managed to go to sleep and sleep fairly well. I wish my wedege pillow was here already, but there was a problem with the shipping when I ordered it. First it went to the wrong place then it got way-layed in Texaz form all thee storms. So I think it will be here in a few day! I really need that thing. It is not quite the same to prop up all the singular pillows. It takes a lot of work for my Mom and I to get them into a comfortable position for me to be in.

On the couch I have an ottoman that I put my legs out on so it is as clost to being in my bed as I can make it. There is a better bigger TV down stairs...I am spoiled and love to watch the 42 inch HD downstairs. But I also know when I am pushing it and my being more comfy upstairs in the bed is the better way to go.

So my job today is just like Terri described it. Eat rest, walk tv, nap etc etc etc. Nothing big going on! Just rest.

Thansk again for all the support!
    Chrissy
  • Take it easy now!

>:D<
  • I thought you'd be in the hospital a few days Chrissy. Sounds like everything's going as planned except the wedge pillow. Someone had mentioned stacking quilts on the couch. Just a thought.

Take it easy! TTYL
    Teri
  • glad to hear you are home.
    Justme
advertisement