Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Pain Symptoms

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Alternative Treatments
Hi,
I have DDD DX . They said it would not get any worse after sixty. I also have cystic kidney disease and was wondering if the pain can be related I have a slew of cysts the biggest one is around 9cm or the size of a baseball they say and a whole bunch of grape looking ones.
For the last few years I have been monitoring their growth. I was wondering if it could be pushing on the nerves in my back.
My lower lumbar 2&3 are real close together and it is too painfull to excercize.
Although I had every opportunity to go in the pool I never did the swimming I opted to sit or stay out of the heat. But lifting is becoming a memory and walking any distance thing of the past.
I really don't trust them enough to go under the knife. But my urologist gave me some tiger patches he had on hand and they seemed to help so did icy hot heat patches but it is temporary relief. I wish they had plastic back bones and rubber kidneys. }:)
advertisement

Comments

• I have several ovarian cysts. One is as big as a tennis ball and is pressing on my sciatic nerve. Another is pressing on the little nerve next to the sciatic. Sorry don't know its proper name. These cysts are also causing me muscle problems in my lower back. I'll be having surgery in December due to a very busy schedule. If my problems are causing me these problems it would make sense to me that there is a high chance that your situation is similar to mine.

I don't know much on this problem you have. I have heard about it though. Does it affect both kidneys? Can these cysts be removed or the problemed kidney if only one?

A MRI can show where the cysts are located.

Clarissa
  • I have had annual MRI's. Right now everything hurts. The cysts are on both sides some are larger than others there is only monitoring and eventually dialisis they say and after that if your lucky you get a transplant.
    I have been consuming about 3 and a half cases of diet soda a week and I dont know if it is a side effect my kidneys are putting out 130% as of last summer during my 24hr test I filled five bottles up. :-C it hurts incredibly and all I have is ibuprophen.
  • I only have chronic kidney stones but only get horrible back pain with them.
    Not ur usual kidney stone symptoms.

Not yelling at you by any means :D Soda is like a no no for kidneys. (per my uro anyway) plus motrin.
    I would stick to tylenol.
    I drink only water, milk, ice tea w/ no sugar just lemon.

Strange how there is no advances in removing the cysts.
    So cool now how they can blast the stones. But nothing for that yet.

I would love you to keep us up dated on your progess!!!!!

Take care
    Terri O:) >:D< >:D<