Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Faith and deciding to a SCS trial

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Matters of the Heart
Hello everyone,
I had posted about considering SCS a couple of weeks ago and now that I have decided to go forward with it I am questioning myself. I am a born-again Christian and I believe that God does still heal in this day and age. I know that not all faiths believe this way but it is what I believe. I have been trusting that I would be healed of this neuropathic pain but it has been 6 years and it is causing me to be less able to do things and go places. I wanted to know if there are others here who have dealt with the same struggle. I feel like agreeing to the SCS is sort of like giving up on God and His healing power. I do not want to offend anyone but was wondering if I am the only one who has felt this way and what helped you if you did.
Thanks, Saima
advertisement

Comments

• I'm glad to hear that you are considering getting the SCS. It could be a life changing procedure for you. I had mine implanted in March and it has really afforded me a lot more freedom than I had before getting it. I, like you, believe in the healing power of God, but I don't think that you are giving up on Him or showing less faith by getting the SCS. Just because you have it doesn't mean that you can't or won't be healed. God can do ANYTHING! Having something implanted in your back to help you cope with pain while you are waiting for your healing won't keep God from being able to heal you. Perhaps you could speak to your pastor about this to help you feel at ease about the decision. I don't regret for one second getting mine.
    Good luck with your decision...
  • saima- I think healing comes in many forms and may be through different people. I had a pain pump trial and the dr asked me if I wanted prayer before the procedure. I said, yes, of course. I never expected to have a dr ever ask me that. I was afraid and then felt blessed to meet a dr who would pray over me.. :) jade
  • I am glad that you wrote. Both points of view are very reassuring to me. I have been thinking that the SCS is a way that God will help me because He is the one who allowed this technology to be here. He is the one who works through the doctors (sometimes they don't even know that He is using them) He is the ultimate healer and I know that He cares for me. As in times past with MS I believe tha God placed me in certain places and at certain times to help someone else along their way with a MS diagnosis. He has not chosen to heal me of MS but He does use me to minister to others dealing with the same disease. Maybe I can be of help to others with a SCS if mine works for me. Keep writing, it will help keep me from "chickening" out over the next few weeks until everything is ready to go.
    Saima :)
  • The SCS is merely a pain control device that will give you some comfort and allow you to focus while you heal your body.

When a hand is extended, reach out and take it.

"C"
  • :) Thanks for the encouragement
    Saima
  • saima- I hope that the SCS trial works out. Hang in there. I believe there is information on the SCS pump on this site that may help...Take care... :) ..jade
advertisement