Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

fibro pain and Costochondritis & Tietze Syndrome Hurting more now that Hurricane moving in!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Fibromyalgia
fibro pain and Costochondritis & Tietze Syndrome Hurting more now that Hurricane moving in!! ~X(

Anyone have fibromyalgia and Tietze Syndrome ?
My ribs are hurting really bad right now I am thinking maybe the closer Hannah moves to NC then maybe the preasure in the atmosphere is why . I dont know just looking for others dealing with the same . I dont think doctors really know much about either of these . I know I had one doctor try to tell me to take this perscription I said what is it? he said take it and find out..... I found out he was just trying to give me antidepressants
I guess he didnt believe it . I have large breast too which makes it so much worse ....anyone suffering like this ...Ibuphrophen doesnt cut it !!!!
advertisement

Comments

• Hiya Tannersmommy,

you do sound a little distressed. If you get wound up or stressed, that will increase you pain.

Angie x
  • Hi Angie ....yes maybe I am alittle ....I lost my sister in 2006 right after she turned 26 yrs old and this is when the teitze syndrome 1rst bothered me ...It hurt so bad i had to go to the er several times it was a little scary ....I lost my mom july 28th of this year ....and I have a 4 yr old son I get up for everyday and try to be cheerful for his sake ...but it is hard my mom and sister had chronic pain as well.
    and I was always able to talk to my mom about it and she knew exactly what i was going through . so I was hoping to find others going through the same things ....I try to act like it doesnt bother me but sometimes it does get to you . thanks for your comment ! Dianne
  • Weather really does a number on a lot of us...sorry your fibro is aggravated...with our fall weather moving in, my pain is aggravated too. I also have chest wall/rib pain which was aggravated by a fall. I don't know about Teitz syndrome. Can you educate us?

I've got the fibro diagnoses too, from 3 of my many docs. My pain doc thinks thats pish posh tho..LOL. 8}

Some docs think fibro is a 'garbage bin diagnoses', some think it is a syndrome due to pain over many years...depending on your own doc's viewpoint.

BTW antidepressants CAN really help us with pain because pain depletes our seratonin/ alters our brain chemicals. Sorry your doc didn't tell you that.

But do be persistent about your symptoms with him if this is insufficient, write a succint list for discussion for your next visit, antidepressants alone were not enough for me and sounds like you are needing something stronger too.

I was able to get by for 8 years on low doses of Tramadol AND an antidepressant. I found this combo useful for my fibro and chronic pain, but all meds have their risks.

This is a great site with lots of good info and support.
    Glad you're here and hope to see you posting more. :)