Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello all!

erikaeerika Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
I just wanted to say "HI" and re-introduce myself. I had signed up a few months ago and then had surgery and wasn't on my computer much, but I'm back and might not be on every day, but this site is awesome!

I'm Erika....I live in Michigan and just had my 3rd back surgery in June. I'm doing fairly well...almost at the 3 month point and am hoping to get back to work soon. I had to stop working in May 2007 after going back in November 2006 after my ALIF at L5-S1 in July 2006. But, nothing seems to go really smoothly for me after surgery!!! However, I'm a tough cookie and keep persisting! I'm still dealing with nerve pain from my butt to my feet which they say may take 18-24 months to resolve because this last surgery was to take out my L5-S1 facet joints, put in cadaver bone, and also drill out bone spurs that were growing onto my S1 nerves bilaterally.

Anyways....enough about that! I'm just glad to meet you all!

Peace and Pain-Free Days,
Erika
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome back to the old SH. we are still here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so many back surgeries!! i am so sorry about your surgical failures. are you on any medications for your nerve pain like Lyrica? there are several which could help you. i take from your picture you like dogs!! i have a boxer i just love too much!!! lol! that isn't really possible is it? anyway, good luck and i look forward to seeing you around! Jenny :)
  • back Erika. Hope the complications resolve themselves and you get your life back. Glad to have you here.
  • Erika. So sorry to hear of all the complications that you have had but hey you know what they say, the third times a charm! Maybe this will be the final solution for you. Good luck with recovery and please keep us posted on your progress.
  • Hi to all that replied! Thanks for your encouragement!

Yes, Jenny....I love dogs! The picture is of my golden retriever, Marlie, and we also have a lab-shepherd-??-?? mix :) named Regan. We think she may have some boxer in her, but we really don't know. She's just a crazy doggie! One reason I want to get my back healed up (among many!) is that we'd love to breed Marlie...she turned one in July so we need her to get a little older anyways, but I need to be able to handle puppies before that would happen!

Yes, I'm on Neurontin for the nerve pain, and my doc is in the process of trying to wean me off my narcotic pain meds. I see him again on Monday the 15th and will probably be getting some S1 nerve root steroid injections because the pain is just not relenting and maybe now without the bone spurs in there, the steroids will work for longer...before this last surgery, the shots would help but only for 10 days or so.

Thanks, agriman, for your welcome again! And, thanks, painintheback, too! I have been saying that, too...that this surgery has to be IT because the 3rd time's the charm! I'm holding onto hope that things will continue to slowly improve. I did have a few good days last week, but since last Friday, the 5th, I've been flared up pretty good.

Take care everyone!
    Erika
advertisement