Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

guess what got my ct scan

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:W :T :SS ~X( :''(

ok update
i got my ct scan from my second opinion dr from the past using my private insurance cause waiting on wc, well i won't say....
Houston we have a problem!!!!!!!!!
i knew something wasn't right!!!! At Wits End Crying

Findings:
L4-5
fusion screws at L4 appear in good position. there is a large laminectomy defect. at L5, the pedicular fusion screws on the left slightly traverses the lateral border of the L5 vertebral body cortex. there is a bone bar formation bridging across the interspace here.

L5-S1
there is a laminectomy defect. at S1, the bilatral pedicular fusion screws traverses the cortex anteriorly. there is a bone bar bridging across the graft.

the visualized portions of the sacroiliac joint reveal sclerosis on the right at the sacrum inferiorly.

opinions welcome
i hope y'all are having a pain free day
soft hugs
maria
advertisement

Comments

• Maria,

I am sorry to read this. Is it really as bad as it reads? Most scans will demonstrate something, especially after surgery. What did your docs say?

What do they do about these screws?
    What does bone bar bridging mean - that actually sounds OK in light of the fact they are trying to fuse you???

Well, I don't know but I hope you find your answers. Pain free hugs
  • Maria, now remember we are not doctors here, but I would say this sounds appropriate for a post fusion scan, except for the sclerosis of the SI joint. The laminectomy defects are probably showing the lamina has been removed at these levels, that is how the surgeons get to the disc space in order to perform the fusion. The bonebars across the disc space sounds like fusion to me. Good-luck, Sue
  • Like Cali-Sue said we are not Drs but when I read your Ct results they dont sound too bad to me either. The only thing I notice was the lack of hearing that fusion was complete.
    WHen did you have the fusion???? I am taking it that the 'bone bar" is formation from the fusion.

I wouldn't worry yourself over this until you see the Dr.
    Remember too that for every Ct you have done 50 radiologists will give you 50 different reports! That is why most Surgeons dont even read the scan results and prefer to look at the scans/X-rays themselves.

Hope you are feeling better,
    Sara O:)
  • Maria -

I am not on the boards as much as I used to be. I was wondering about how you were doing. I am glad that you have finally gotten a CT. I hope that the doctors are able to use it to identify the source of your continued problems. Good luck and know that I am thinking of you.

Terri
  • Please wait until you have seen a doctor before jumping to any conclusions about these results. As the others have said, those abnormalities may be a normal thing to see post-op. Take a deep breath and give your doctor a call - or do you already have an appointment to discuss the results?

Good luck and take care, Spicey
  • went to the doc, he says everything looks good. the only reason he says i am having a rough time is because i am not getting the pt that i need. 1 1/2 mths is just not enough, but because my case with wc it makes it difficult. i also found out that i had arthritis in my right hip imagine that, joy NOT!!! ~X( so i will be doing self pt in my friends apt complex. there is a gym there and i spoke with the doc about it, he told me which ones i am allowed to do from the list of equipment i gave him. water pt would be a plus too.
    so monday will be my first day after my psychologist appt on mon. 8}
    i hope y'all are doing better than i am, and as pain free as possible
    soft hugs
    maria >:D<
  • Maria -

I'm glad the CT scan didn't show any new problems. Your signature says PLIF Dec 2004. didn't you just have your surgery last winter? If so, you're not yet a year out. From what I have seen with Chris, recovery really is long. I hope you continue to improve and are able to celebrate the one-year mark with lots less pain.

Terri
  • Awesome news that there is nothing wrong with the fusion itself. Did he say how much fusion there is going on or are you totally fused??

As for the arthritis girl sorry about that.
    It does happen to the best of us. Even without surgery.
    That is something hopefully easy to control for ya.
    Cortizone helps my hips when they flare.

Love ya lots hun >:D< :X
    Keep us updated on how the "self PT" goes.
  • That is really good news.I ams o glad for you that it isn't something to worry about.
    AS Terri said the arthritis is managable when you need it.

I also am on Workers Comp for my back and I totally understand your ~X( as I am there a few times a week. When I get really cheesed off I go for a walk and feel that it helps me to calm down. I refuse to allow them to get to me, as that is what they want - for us to give up.

Blessings Sara O:)
  • ok first let me say this :jawdrop: am i ganna feel this @) i did pretty good on the bike, 4 min which i will work up the time. the oblique machine :T i forgot what muscles i have there. i also did the leg lifts :SS feel the burn, did 5 lbs ( felt like 100) 2 reps of 5 #o saving the best for last stair climber 8} only did 3 min and thought i was ganna died #:S but i did it :D
    i will pay for it later i know, after that i did walk till i got my breathing under control, and then did my stretches. my legs feel like jello!
    tomorrow, i will go to my bro in law to use his pool. will take the kids with me so they can help me.

so as you see, i'm nipping this pain in the butt! i need my life back. will post tomorrow if i can get out of bed =))
    soft >:D<
    maria
  • Maria - I hope you are able to get out of bed and move again today. Have a pleasant swim. Terri
  • Maria, I finally found you! I have been lurking in the background on this site since the big change and lost track of you! So glad to hear you are still hanging in there and fighting the fight.

I have not logged in for awhile as every time I thought I could finally report positive news, there has been a turn for the worse. Nine months after surgery and the sciatic pain is gone from one side but started in on the other. AHHHHHH! Boring reading for everyone so I didn't bother to post.

Keep up with the PT but don't push yourself too hard. I have learned to do just enough to keep things moving but not too much to be continually stiff. I know the feeling of legs like jello. It will take awhile - but keep moving.

Take care Maria. Jaycey
advertisement