Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hip pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well It was excately what I thought. I haven't posted in awhile my last poast was not hip problems. Everyone kept blaming my back for my hip and I knew they were wrong. Its getting to the point it really is hurting me to walk. My job consist of alot of walking. So I broke down and called my PCP to see if he would order an x-ray. He had no problem with it so I went this past Thursday. I had them put in on a disc so I could get my boss to look at. I really trust him in medical judgement. Well this is what he said about it.

1) My right side of my pelvis is higher than the left.

2) The head of the femur is shorter on the right side than
left.

3) My sacroiiliac joints are shot.

4) (Of course) Alot of degeneration in my lower spine.

5) My pubis symphis has been cracked and its not normal or normal even of someone that has had a child

6) I have alot of arthritis in the joint.

7) There is some but not much joint space and possiblity of overlap

He said he would be intrested in what the radiologist said. He told me when the radioligist report gets back monday he told me that he would do an intra-articular hip joint inj. Which is a fancy way of saying that he is going to stick me in the groin to inject the ball-n-socket joint. This a really embarrassing spot for my boss to inject me. If it makes things better then its worth it.
advertisement

Comments

• :) i am sure it will be a professional injection given by a doctor who surely cares about you. if he gets it in the right spot- BINGO - the treatment could work. =D> so put your modesty cap away and just think of being pain free soon. it is a possibility!! <:P do pay attention to what your doctor has to say about any other needed treatments. Jenny :)
  • I don't know why I worry he has seen my butt several times during epidurals and facets and all of that other stuff. It just a little different here I guess. It bad but I can't wait until I get stuck monday. I can't wait for relief. He also told me that I had alot of miles on me for being only 26. He said that I was doing well to work and raise a toddler (pretty much by myself) to have went through what I have went through. I took it as a respectful compliment. That he respects that I am out there still trying. It just gets really aggravating hurting all of the time. The facet joints helped my low back pain alot. So I can deal with that. The referred leg pain is ok I can deal with it most of the time, but this hip pain is horrific. It has been so long since I had hip pain that I forgot what it felt like. Almost 8 yrs. I don't know what to do if the injection don't work. I guess I am going to have to ask for a change in my pain medicine.

Has anyone else been experiencing horrible muscle spasms in there legs. I have been on the same muscle relaxor so long I am worried that is has quit working.