Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello from Texas

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
I thought that I would introduce myself even though I have gotten some help and encouragement from some of you already. I am 48 (49 tomorrow) and I have neuropathic pain due to scar tissue around my S-1 nerve root from back surgery in 2002.It makes walking and standing very painful. Anything that touches my foot causes more pain. I am going to go forward with the SCS trial and hope that this will be a treatment for this never ending pain. I currently take 400mg of gabapentin(Neurontin)
every 3 hours. Pain medications do not even touch this pain, they just knock me out. After reading many of the posts on this forum I know that I do not have any where near the amount of pain that many of you live with but I can understand the frustration of living day in and day out without any break from it. The one thing that I am thankful for is that I am able to sleep at least 5-6 hours at night. Oh, and this is on top of dealing with Multiple Sclerosis for 19 years. Thank you all who have already responded to my other posts with questions about SCS.
Saima :)
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to spine-health....
  • and Happy Birthday to you! I am so sorry to hear of your daily pain and hope that the SCS will be your miracle. Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are having nerve pain. i take Lyrica for the same thing and it has helped my leg quite a bit. my mom lives in Paris, is that near you? Happy Birthday! good luck and i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • I can certainly relate. Take Neurontin myself as other meds do not work. Since taking it, I do sleep more and better than w/o it. Welcome to the board.
  • Jenny,
    I live in Southeast Texas near Beaumont, so I am not near your mom. Yeah we are waiting to see if we are going to have to evacuate AGAIN!!!! Ten days ago we had to leave because of Gustav and here comes Ike!!! That is the price that you have to pay when you live near the coast. I tried Lyrica and it helped some but just as the Neurontin the effect diminished over time and since it is a non-generic and therefore more expensive I just went back to the Neurontin. It doesn't help much but it is all that I have.
    Thanks for the Birthday wishes :D
    Saima
advertisement