Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

left knee and lower back pain...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hey!
so i fell about 6 months ago and landed on my left knee. Since then my knee has been feeling pretty painful. The pain usually only occurs when i do a lot of walking or i keep it bent for a long period of time (at the movie theatre), but also sometimes i get random shooting pains in my knee cap. i went to my physician about the pain and he examined my knee by bending it etc but he deduced that there was nothing wrong. Now i am experiencing pain in my left buttock/lower back. The pain is more of an ache than sharp pain. Its worrying because both pains are causing me to walk awkwardly.
please, if you could give me some advice on what to do it would be much appreciated.
x

ps. i would like to mention that all my joints tend to 'crack'. My ankles make a cracking noise when i walk up stairs and i often have to crack my elbows and on rare occasions my knees. have also been to my physician about this and he again said that nothing was wrong.
advertisement

Comments

• Have you considered getting another opinion? Your doc does not sound too interested in getting to the bottom of things. You probably need xrays and an MRI of your back. I also get pain in my knees and ankles when my back is really bad. My doc says that my ankles hurt because I am walking differently to compensate for the pain in my back. My knees are arthritic and also pop and crack. I would strongly advise you to get another doc that will take you seriously or ask him to refer you somewhere else. Do you think that he would send you for xrays and MRI if you asked him too? I would think that he would have already xray your knee. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • It never hurts to get a second opinion if you are still having problems and your doc thinks "your fine". If you hurt bad enough that it is effecting your quality of life, then find out what's wrong.

Welcome to Spine Health. We can't diagnose you, but we can be here to support you and share our experiences, our strengths and our insanity (in my case).

"C"

• Welcome to the board! What test's have you had already? I fell exactly as you did, same knee, and had to have surgery. I had 2 torn meniscus, after surgey the pain was so much better. But I also have arthritis in both knees so I will always have pain there, it's just not nearly as bad as it was prior to surgery. My injury showed up in a MRI. You at least have to have some type of pictures taken, and not just a regular x-ray. They don't show soft tissue damage. I don't know how your doc came up with his diagnosis by just examining you. BTW, you need to see an Orthopedist. As to your back, I would suggest the same thing, you need some pix taken like a MRI,again, a regular x-ray will not show soft tissue damage. After 6 months I don't think that it would be just a sprained muscle. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
    Jewels
This discussion has been closed.