Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

week 35,how r we all doing

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
its that time off the week that we all dread,standing on the scales lol.but i suspect that we already know if we have gained or lost even before we stand on them,i for one know if i haven t been very good that week or not excerised enough then how can i expect to have lost weight,this week is one such week, lol even though i ve been to the gym i have been dipping into the cookie jar so im happy that i have maintained this week, no weight loss but no gain either. I did have something to be happy about i tried on my bridesmaid dress and it looks so much better on me with the small amount of weight loss i have had, i can acutally breath in it now lol

How has everyone else done this week,good or bad let us know we are here to congratulate you if you have lost, or to support you if you haven t and hopefully get you and me on the right track again,i need inspiration and help this week,its my daughters 16th birthday on tuesday which means cake and treats for her and hopefully not too many for me lol, though im always happy to get presents lol
advertisement

Comments

• I bet you feel really great in that bridesmaid dress Ben, that should be incentive enough for you to keep up 'the good fight'.

You have done so well over the last few weeks and should be really pleased with yourself. Don't beat yourself up over the cookies and make sure you share that birthday cake on Tuesday, it's a big day for her. Your gym work is probably paying off in toning up but might be slowing the actual weight loss down a little - after all muscle weighs more than fat.

I've decided to start weighing myself on a Friday but I will post on Sunday with you all. If hubby is off at the weekend we like a couple of beers and a meal out, I'm still conscious of what I'm eating and drinking but the scales don't like it on Sunday morning =)) . I've also got a few weekends away coming up .... I know, I know, excuses, excuses :? .

Oh nearly forgot, I managed to lose a pound this week - it's about blooming time. I think that's the first loss I've shown for about a month!!

Sandra
  • I actually lost 2.5 lbs this week! The broth before dinner and eggs for breakfast has really paid off! I thought that my clothes were fitting a little better yesterday but I am really suprised at the 2 1/2 lb loss. I figured upping my protein and reducing the carbs would do it, it always works for me.
    Elaine, I agree with doof. If your dress is fitting you better than you are probably gaining muscle. I have had a few slips into the cookie jar myself this week. Eating eggs for breakfast instead of cereal has always worked to rev my metabolism and actually you protein sticks with you much longer because you do not get that up and down blood sugar going like you will will carbs. Congratulations on staying the same.
    Doof, I do not blame you at all. Back when I was working I would always weigh on Friday because Sundays and Mondays would not be as good from eating a little more on the weekend.
    I hope everyone else has done well this week and I am psyched for next week. This loss has given me motivation!
  • well done you two,i bet you both feel great,im happy to stay the same this week mind id be happier if id lost lol,this week will be hard for me as ive my daughters birthday on tuesday and a 4 course formal dinner on friday so il have 2 b good the rest off the week see doof ive excuses too lol
  • :) well done to everyone this week, even benji!! i lost 3 pounds and was happily surprised. i don't feel 3 pounds lighter! lol! benji, all your effort has payed off and you still have weeks more to go. this should give you alot of incentive and make all the gym work and giving up bread pay off!!! you know we can always change the weigh-in day. maybe the end of the week suits everyone better! what do y'all think? Jenny
  • 2 so maybe we should change 2 fridays ,well done jenny u lucky thing
  • (And I consider no gain to be good news!!) You all did well this week! As important as the numbers on the scale are, you also need to pay attention to how clothes fit, it is so telling, especially if you're building muscle which weighs more.

I managed to lose 1 lb. this week despite traveling and working really long days, so not always making the best food decisions. I am still not able to do much aerobic exercise without alot of nerve pain, which is so frustrating :(
  • painintheback, congratulations!! you made changes and saw a great loss!! persistence wins and action changes even more! what do you think about the day change? does it work for you? Jenny :)
  • :) aimless, good news! 1 pound should serve you well! you are so right about the feel of our clothes! why don't we just throw the scale away and use that method? oh! what the heck, the scale it is! are you using any nerve pain medications? and by the way, what do you feel about changing days? Jenny :)
  • Sorry I didn't sign in last week. I had to start a reduce pack of prednizone after having a root canal. I didn't loose this week but didn't gain either.
  • I'm flexible, Sundays work for me but I don't mind switching to another day, I just need to be consistent. I do like Sunday as its the beginning of the week, but that is about it for reasons!

Yes, 8 lbs in 8 weeks, I am doing well. I am taking 50mg Topamax 2x/day for nerve pain, and 300mg Neurontin in the evenings before bed (morning nerve pain is the worst). I hate to do it but honestly I need to talk to my doc about increasing, this is fine if I'm sedentary but not working if I want to exercise. What about you Jenny, what do you take for nerve pain?
    -Melissa
  • 3 lbs is great! I am good with Friday. I am willing to go with the flow on whatever everyone else wants to do.
  • :) well, it looks like Friday it is. this week will be alittle short but i would still like to weigh in on Friday anyway. so let's see how that works for a while. Friday is weigh-in day. everyone had a really good week. some of us had a big loss for the first time in a while and others are steadily losing or maintaining. we seem to have a rhythm going and that is very exciting!! let's reach for the stars this week! Jenny :)
  • :) printed post twice-sorry! Jenny :)
  • we should all weigh in on friday even though it won t be the full week,can t beleive everyone is doing so great,well done you, lot keep it up
  • Sorry everyone, I really didn't expect you all to change your days just to suit me ..... carry on with Sunday if you want, I'll just weigh on Friday and post with you all on Sunday.

• :) doof, there has been a good discussion and a consensus with several of the members. it seems like a good day to try! :? the weekends are a time for family and eating out for many of us. if it doesn't work out well we can always go back. nothing is written in stone and new ideas will keep the forum interesting and lively. <:P thank you for your input and really we are all happy about it!! Jenny :)
  • I haven't been checking in here because I've just been binging. I've gained oh maybe 4-5 lbs in the past 3 weeks or so and not feeling very good about that.

I went on a short but uphill hike with my daughter over the weekend and I could barely move. She said she's never seen me like that. I don't know how much the 8,300 ft altitude had to do with it but even going downhill my coordination was awful. But, there's no one to blame but myself.

So today, I just took a walk and had a fat-free day so far. Salad w/chicken and brown rice on it and lots of fruits and water. Will keep trying I s'pose.

Teri
  • :) welcome back! this is flexible so you can come and go. we hope you stay though!!! we are now weighing in on Fridays. please join us and keep at it!! persistence will pay off with a little effort! Jenny :)
  • I went to my doc today and he has decided to try me on Lexapro since the Cymbalta was not working too well. So, I checked it out on askapatient.com and one thing that the majority of people did say was that their appetite was enormous and they gained lots of weight on it. I am going to try my best not to let this get out of control but just hate taking meds that increase my appetite. I already have an enormous appetite and do not need anything to add to it! Maybe it will work well for my anxiety and depression and in turn help me get more motivated.
  • :) painintheback, even if your appetite increases can't you snack on fruits and vegies? :O you can eat all of these you want and would not experience a weight gain! Jenny :)
  • Jenny, I know that was a note for painintheback but I've gotta chime in. If I would nibble on fruits and veggies I wouldn't be so overweight! When I get cravings it generally isn't for something that's good for me. I wish!
    Teri

• jenny. I know that I have to have self control. I can do it. You know that actually after you start eating healthier you actually lose the cravings for all of the bad stuff. Hard to believe but true.
  • :) oh girlfriends, i know it would all be so easy if we could just eat fruit and vegies. =D> i want bread and butter when i think of snacking! =)) so all we can do is try and eat right. i use HALT whenever i can and it has kept a pound or two off. well, we can all dream! Jenny :)
  • im afraid,ive had to give up chocolate as once i start i can t stop,so for me its a no go area,ive found that if i have a bagel it seems 2 keep me away from the dreaded bread and butter that jenny and I so love.What about lowfat popcorn(not the sweet one lol)you could maybe snack on that pain.
    this week has not been great for me i ve no excuses,it was my daughters 16 th birthday and i had pizza and cake but hey its once a year,so just have to be good now
  • Hi gals!
    I'm on day three of being back on track and hoping to post some sort of weight loss on Friday for once. I'm walking daily, even if only a mile or so, and keeping a food journal. Last night I had chicken and veggies for dinner and have been bringing plenty of fruits and veggies to work along with some skinless chicken that DH baked this weekend. Hmmm...he must not be feeling too good about his own weight if he stripped the skin off. I was just happy he'd cooked it.
    Teri

PS Anyone read the book You On A Diet by Dr. Oz?
  • terri ur putting me to shame this week
  • I am with you on the chocolate. Or really any sweets. I have no self control and have to avoid them all together. I do however allow myself something once a week because I have found that if I totally deprive myself, I will binge.
    Great Job, Teri. I have yet to be able to stick to an exersize program and I know that is half of my problem.
    Jenny, actually I find that if I snack on carbs such as popcorn it just makes me hungrier. I used to go to a bariatric doc and he said that I am one of those people that the stomach does not signal the brain when I am full. I believe that he was right. So, I have to eat enough of the right thing and even on weight watchers I was unsuccessful because of all the fruit that you used to have to eat. So, I try and eat boiled eggs, tsp peanut butter, PB and celery, vegs and low fat ranch dip, things like that for snacks.
  • :) well, tomorrow is our new weigh-in day. =D> let's not get all upset if there aren't big weight losses. :''( this is a short week and may not be to our benefit this week. just think of it as practice on using the new day. it may take a few weeks to readjust eating habits. 8} so no anxiety and no big disappointments!! Jenny :)
  • The salad bar in my work cafeteria had salmon chunks today! I was having a craving for salmon yesterday and almost stopped for some at the store on my way home from work.

DH and I are going to the fair this weekend. Any suggestions for what kind of food I can safely eat there? I'm thinking corn on the cob with no butter, chicken sandwich with no mayo. Well, guess I'll see what they've got and hope I don't crave EVERYTHING.

Hey what ever happened to Vicky?
    Teri
  • I am not sure about her. She pops in every now and again. I am pretty sure that tomorrow will be a gain for me. I actually ate better this week then last but I can feel it in my clothes being a little tighter.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.