Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

It's time

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well my Spiney friends....

It's 4:45am and I am off to the hospital for my surgery. Please keep me in your thoughts and I will "see" you on the flip side!!

Michelle
advertisement

Comments

• best of luck to you Michelle....post back when you can.....Miki
  • best of luck to you! I am sure you have left by now! Keep us informed when you arrive home...so you are not "alone"!
  • Good luck hun, I already posted under Aug-Sept surgeries this weekend.
    Of course you will not see this LOL

All should go well, POSTIVE THINKING + us will get you through!!

>:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • So I came back home today....a day early. Before the surgery the NS stated I would be inpatient until Thursday at the earliest. But apparently I was doing well enough to go home. And let me tell you I am soooo happy to be back home. My bed is just SO much more comfy than the hospital bed. Now I get to start the recovery process.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys!

Michelle
  • Awesome. I hope you have a great night sleeping pain free. Did you have the minimally invasive? I was im for 5 days.

Julie
  • I'm so happy for you that you are home. Best of luck in your recovery.
  • Michelle, welcome home. That is amazing only 2 nights. I was in for 5. Remember to follow all your doctors instructions and don't overdue. Your job is to heal now, so rest, and walk, and rest, and walk. Take care and wishing you a speedy recovery, Sue
  • Michelle that is great news. The Dr has done his bit and now it is your turn and that is the recovery phase.
    One important thing is to remember to put on your blinkers each morning so you are not tempted to do too much around the home.
    With your blinkers on you cant see it. :))(

Make the most of it, lots of rest, lots of walks.

Blessings Sara O:)
  • This is fabulous news!!!! Best of luck on continued super healing success!
  • Julie- nope I didn't have a minimally invasive surgery. I have a 6 inch scar to prove it. LOL.

I was surprised they let me go home so soon, but I felt that I had all the "tools" I needed. I also have a really great support system at home right now. My mom flew in from Arizona and my fiancee is home from work for a few weeks as well to help me out. So all I have to do is relax, heal, walk, heal, and more relaxing....and some pain meds in there too. I've read on other posts on this board how important it is to follow the doc's orders.

Thanks again guys!

Michelle
  • WOW GIRL I am so very happy for you!! <:P <:P =D>

You are doing AWESOME it sounds like!!!!

2 nights yes WOW WOW WOW :O

I was in for 4 days. Man the 2nd night I did not even know the difference between 7 in the morning or 7 at night. Hubby laughed at me and said " hunny you had your surgery yesterday morning" "OH I SAID" =)) "Well you have coffee in your hand so I thought it was morning, and of course the news was on" LOL LOL =))

Yes REST, WALK, REST, WALK, REST, WALK and you shall do fine, cause boy oh boy you will know if you overdid, ask some of "oldtimers" :D
    Keep us up to date hun!!!
    >:D< :* >:D< :* >:D< :* >:D<
advertisement