Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello! any thoughts?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
I am/was a very active 24 year old male. 5'10" 175lbs. Usually went to the gym 4-5 weekly. About 6 months ago I was playing raquette ball with a friend and made a sudden twist to the right and felt immense pain. I figured i "threw out" my back and i would be fine in a couple of days. Well the pain worsened and not only did the lower right part of my back hurt but the upper middle started to. I iced it used heat and took ibuprofen for about 3 months with no results. I finally went to the doctor and they gave me muscle relaxers and Naproxen. The doc also ordered a X-ray. Well needless to say i got the results back and they concluded everything is normal. Well the pain is still TERRIBLE! I also have immense pain in the morning on the left side of my spine in the middle of my back. I just feel like i'm to young for this crap and really helpless. Since the back pain i've had depression set in, really sucks. Any advice on where to go from here or what i might of done. Thank you! -Carl
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to spine-health..you should ask your doctor about a mri,it will show more then a xray...
  • is right. See if you can get an MRI as x-rays don't always show what's going on in there.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. You might need an MRI for a clear diagnosis. many things cannot be seen on a x-ray. you may need to seek an orthopedic surgeon to further assist you. the battle has just begun. rest might be all you need. I) if you still have pain become proactive and start to form a treatment plan with a good doctor. good luck and keep us informed. we care!! Jenny :)
  • Is good. Also you really want to find a doc that specializes in spines and is willing to get to the bottom of your problem. I am wondering if you might have an annular tare? An Mri would be the best place to start. Good luck to you and please keep us posted on your progress.
  • I went to the doctor for over six months. Had X-ray come back ok, got the MRI, which showed lots of problems. I think that if you had herniated a disk, or something like that, you can only see it on scans such as an MRI. I would request one from your doctor...

advertisement