Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cold Feet

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had surgery several months ago. Since then I've had what I assume is a circulatory problem: Purple knees, ankles, and ice-cold feet. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did your doc do about it? Is it something that should concern me a great deal, or is it more a minor annoyance?

Thanks.

advertisement

Comments

• What does your doctor say? Sounds concerning to me. Did you ever have it before your surgery?
  • I'd get it checked out right away. I'm not a physician, but those can be signs of a deep vein thrombosis (blood clots in the veins in the legs), which can occur after surgery.
  • Without alarming you, if you have had surgery 3 months ago and still have this then it is time to get it checked out. It could be circulation but if you are doing your walking then your circulation SHOULD be fine. Better to be safe then sorry and get it looked at.

Blessings Sara
  • Not sure. I haven't seen him yet. The three follow-up appointments I've had have been with the surgeon's PA. She's not sure what to make of this. In addition, gaining approval for specialty services using TriCare remote is difficult at best.

I didn't have this problem prior to surgery.

Take care, and thank you for your response.
  • Thank you for your response. That was my impression too.

Take care.
  • Agreed. I walk as much as I can, but I still have tremendous pain and neurological symptoms - both worsened by activity. A walk around a city block can have me laid up for days. I fear there's more surgery/surgeries in my immediate and distant futures. The beat goes on.

Thank you for your response.
  • I know the others pretty much said it all.
    I am no professional by any means. I do have some health experience but not to diagnose anyone.
    Just from things I have seen on a daily basis.

This is something that needs to be checked out asap.
    I know hard getting a referral etc.
    Strange the PA knew nothing or did not send you to a cardiologist to rule out circulatory issues.

I will keep you in my thoughts.
    Please keep us up dated!! O:) O:)
  • I had that-my doc said it was circulation and told me to keep socks on and do ankle rolls. My feet were like ice-even if I was hot, they were freezing to the touch.
  • Thanks guys. I'm calling the neurosurgeon's office today. I'll be sure to update. Thanks again.
  • Your very welcome!!
    Just keep us up to date. Im very curious in what they are going to say.

Hang in there!! O:)
  • Hi Terry,

With the Army, who knows what they're going to say? They tend to underestimate severity. They do this, I believe, as a matter of form. Correct and/or cautious clinicians are costly (honestly, I didn't intend that to be alliterative).

I'm headed for Fort Knox in the next couple of weeks for an indefinite time. I'm told I'll be evaluated, treated, evaluated again, and then likely discharged (medically). From my experiences with doctors at Knox, and Army doctors generally, I'm not holding my breath for fair treatment of any of those matters. But I'll be sure to update.

As well, if interested, I tend to regularly post to my blog. Punch my name, Jimison Taylor Hutchinson into a search engine. It should come to the top. Warning: I'm pretty angry at how I've been treated (or haven't been treated). As a result, I do swear a bit.

Take care.
  • Jimison,

I can understsnd your anger and frustration. Members of the armed forces should receive the same quality medical care that others who have quality health care coverage (and that all citizens should get) receive.

I won't talk politics here!

• Agreed on all counts man.

Take care.
  • I had the opposite problem, excessive heat in my newly numb right leg - I really wonder if you could be up and moving around and getting that circulation going if you would do better, but if you can't....

In any case it does sound like a serious ciruculation thing going on. Best of luck.
advertisement