Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I dont understand

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Matters of the Heart
I have been in serious chronic pain for over 4 years now. I have one best friend, that I also work with. She has always been very supportive. I have been out of work now for 3 months. She always calls me to see how Im doing. Almost every other day. ANywy, I had an epidural injection on Aug 27th and it worked great. I havent felt this good in along time. So good in fact that my husband and I have been taking the kids out everyday. I am not laying in bed all day long talking on the phone to my friend. I kinda think she is mad at me now because Im out and about. I called her 2 days agao and left a message that I feel great and Im very active again. She still hasnt called back. Has anyone ever had this experience? Could she be mad that Im not "sick" anymore?
advertisement

Comments

• She sounds like a very good friend. She may just have some issues of her own going on right now. I'm sure she'd be very happy to hear you are doing so well. Just give her a little time, and maybe another phone call. Maybe she needs you to check in on her this time...

Good luck
    Amanda
  • Amanda is probably right.

Hard to say,we don't know her.Is she one of those type that need to be needed?If so,she could be missing that,but it sounds like she is going through something now.

If you found yourself in a rut with your pain for a long time it might have become a habit for her to keep things inside?'They' say it only takes 2 weeks to make something become a habit.
  • She is definetley the type who needs to be needed, but now Im thinking that whatever it is she is still my best friend and I love her. I will keep calling and send her a card. Thanks guys!
  • that she may feel like she was there for you when you were laid up but now you are up and about she might feel like she has been shelved.I hope you get what I mean.

I would just send her a card telling her what a great friend she is and let her know she is still very much needed.
  • she could definitely not be mad but in her own way maybe she thought u needed her and it was making her feel better about her, now that u are doing better , which is great!!! she may feel not needed, confront her or write her your feeling if she makes excuses then it is she wants to feel needed. I have had this happen so your experiences sounds all too familar.
    good luck
advertisement