Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HELP ! HAS ANYONE HAD EAR PAIN WITH CERVICAL??

leocat46lleocat46 Posts: 125
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
i have my darn ear infection back again, i am having severe pain! dr. has put me on more antibiotics, did have alot of earwax buildup . but i have been reading up on ear pain, and i read 2 different sites that ear pain can radiate from cervical disc disease! bingo! i am wondering if anyone has had this, if so please respond. i am really hurting, tooth has been ruled out, dr. says. my ear is swollen, red , infected. thanks alot LEO ~X( :''( :jawdrop:
advertisement

Comments

• What kind of meds are you on for nerve pain? There's one that I can't take because hidden away in a dark corner of information it is known to cause ear infections. I suffered for months before the docs believed me and changed it out.

"C"
  • Really! i did not know that. i was on vicodin, now i am on oxycodone 5/325 since after surgery. i have been suffering , i just woke up, after 2 hrs. of intermittent sleep. i have cried all nite in pain. until my antibiotics and pregizone pack kick in , it will take a couple days at least, before a little bit of relief i know. my husband offered to take me to emergency room, it was so bad, i know he felt helpless. my shoulders, arms, and back were spasming at same time., upper back and neck were burning also. i wish someone would have stuck me in hospital and shot me through with morphine ! i just paced and rocked back and forth like an idiot, i kept warm compresses on my ear off and on. last night i just had about enough. i am sorry for venting like this. THANK YOU , Hangland for the info. if anyone else has any replies, i would appreciate it. i am desparate! take care friends Leo X( :SS @)
  • I'm sorry that you are battling it so bad right now. I'm glad that your husband is there to help you out.

It sucks that when we aren't feeling great, everything else takes the opportunity to add to our misery.

So do you have an infection of the outer ear canal? Is your ear itself all swollen and red or just the canal?

"C"
  • Well, Leo..I have had a dbl disk fusion on the L4 - L5 back in 2001 and then in 2004 the hardware was removed. I can tell you than I am still having a lot of pain, but this is not about that. I have been suffering for the past year, continued ear-aches and it is prominent in the left ear ( Funny, to say that all my back problems were to the same area) when visited several Dr's, they too would diagnose as an ear infection, give me some ear drops and that was that - nevertheless, it would come back a week later.
    I am beginning to think there's more to the ear-aches and when I saw your post, well now it really makes me wonder if it could be connected to my back problems.
  • Im suprised this issue was brought up. Just had my revision ACDF of C5-6 Thursday and got home on Friday. My arm pain is way less severe now (of course i am on 120 mg of percocet with avinza right now) but right ear feels like its on fire. It hurts to even barely touch it. I asked the surgeon first thing before he released me and he looked and said my ear looked fine, but sometimes with the surgery the pain would radiate there. I thought it the weirdest thing. It's only been 3 days since surgery but my ear is still hurting.
  • I've had multiple problems with my left ear - the side of me that the stenosis is the worst. My head ringing, --even the shower with water drops richoting off my head...really odd sounds. Off and on for year and 1/2. Every time I try to do the PT neck stretches, it brings it on.

The ear pain isn't "all there is" though. It's left sided facial/head pain. The bridge of my nose is numb - always.

If I do too much - like be upright too long - it atongizes everything.

I'm finally going to see an Oral Surgeon to have some molars pulled. Yet, I've read over and over how folks with trigeminal neuraligia have teeth pulled...with no relief. Gawd.

I'm so sick of living "this way" - and don't have NEAR the problems that I've read other's have on this board.

Pls keep us updated on what you find out.

Very Best Regards,
    Jasro
  • I think some medicine affects ears... I used to have ear pain because of my cervicals but now instead of pain they get plugged.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I had seen my Dr years ago for what I thought was a ear infection. He exact words were "Your ears look fine, the pain is coming from your neck". I still occasionally get ear pain but not as often since my last surgery
    Susan
advertisement