Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF Wednesday

CRASH21CCRASH21 Posts: 139
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well, tomorrow is the day. Two level ACDF with cages, plate and screws. I want to thank all of you for helping me get through the last several months. I don't know if I am ready. I doubt I ever will really be ready. It is not something I want to do, but I know I need to. I have cord impingement and pain and numbness down both arms. Wish me luck! See ya all on the other side!
advertisement

Comments

• well thats tomorrow, good luck im sure everything is gonna get better, best wishes in a speedy recovery... patsy
  • I wish you the best! I don't know how one can really be "ready". I know that I was ready to end the pain & numbness.
    When you can, let us know how you are doing. Be patient & let them take care of you.
    Know that we are all thinking of you & wishing the best.
    Kim
  • Hey! I wish you all the best in your 2 lvl acdf. Be sure to let us all know how it went for you when you are able. I know I'm going to be apprehensive too when mine comes up in the next month or so.

I do wish you all the best!

GreyEagle
    Greyeagle
  • Well it is close and you will be on your way to recovery. Best Wishes and a Fast Recovery. I'm have a level one done this Friday. I have 3 days I am ready to get the pain gone. So once again Best Wishes and keep in touch when you can get back with us.
  • I sent you a private message---sorry about the mixup.

You will do great. This surgery was very easy for Dave. Even post---he was off all meds in a couple of days. Once he found the right recliner, he is sleeping great, too.

Best wishes and keep us informed!

Linda MI
  • The surgery will be over before you know it and you'll be on your way to recovery, Crash. It'll all be worth it too. Remember you'll have us here to support you as well.

Keep in touch.

Monique
  • You'll be fine. Just take it easy. Relax and get ready to watch a lot of TV.

Let us know how you're doing.
  • You willdo great!!!! try to relax as best as you can. When I went in for my surgery I left it all up to the good Lord above and my surgeon. When you feel up to it please let us know how you are doing. >:D<
  • Well, tomorrow is the day. Thanks for all your support. I will check in as soon as I am up to it.
  • Good luck Crash,
    I hope your surgery goes great and the next thing we hear from you is that you are recovering and have less pain. I'm just one week away from surgery myself so I hope to hear some great stuff from you,
    LJ

herniated cervical discs, DDD, spinal cord compression, pinched nerves, number finger tips both hands, surgery coming up 9-17
  • and hoping for a successful surgery!
  • :? Hope all things are going well for you. Get back to us when you can.
  • I had 2 level ACDF with cages, plate and screws on Wednesday. Sent home Thursday night. I am feeling pretty well but have been told to take it ease when "I think" I am feeling well as I will set myself back a few days by "overdoing it". Had a good night sleep with the help of some sleeping pills and a wedge pillow. have lots of help from family friends so I am truly blessed. Will see NS in 4 weeks for FU and to discuss future lumbar fusion. Thanks for all of your well wishes. I will keep in touch and try to help those following in my footsteps.
  • I was wondering where you were!!!
    Kept looking under the recovery thread we had started, and I am like where is CRASH :? :? :? :? :? :?

So GLAD everything went so well for you those are the stories we like to hear!!!!!

When you do get a chance if you can post your recovery story under our thread that would be GREAT!!!! I do not come over here to much. I pretty much stick to the back/neck surgery thread. I tend to jump around sometimes but hey. I loose track LOL :))(

Keep up the good work!!!
    Will be posting my lovely story when I get home hopefully Sat the 20th.

TAKE CARE
    Terri >:D<
  • It is so good to hear that you are home and recovering. How are you feeling today?

Cindy
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Hey there!!

Sorry I did not see this thread until now! It's oj we were PM'ing a lot so I think you know I was praying and sending the good vibes for you.

I am glad your home and doing well. We have been doing this thing together and I am grateful for that.

Keep up the good work and I will chat with you soon!
    Chrissy

• It is Great all is going well for you CRASH. I had mine done Friday and got home Sat. I feel wonderful myself but I need to take it easy too. Just wanted to say welcome to recovery, see you on that forum soon.
    Donna
advertisement