Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

stenoisis.please help?

vivavegasvvivavegas Posts: 185
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Hi everyone.i just needed to type something about stenoisis today as my symptoms are becoming worse and i really need some advice.........i have scoloisis but there was a mixup in referrals which i didnt find out til after my surgery i had been referred to a scoloisis surgeon for fusion with discetomy but when i was seen by this surgeon he said i am going to do a fsuion so i said ok i still didnt know at this point that he wasnt the scoloisis surgeon.anyway he has went in and fused me from l4 to s1 at the wee bony bits that go down the spine,with a thing called bmp[it enhances bone growth, i had an mri andit shows stenoisis,the surgeon didnt take out my discs and he put in no metalwork i am seeing the scoloisis surgeon on the 17th september.anyway i have seen a surgeon at our local hospital who said that he thinks the bmp has overgrown,but im worried about letting them back in, .....my symptoms are when this really bad weakness comes it takes over all of my body and the muscles in arms and legs go to jelly and this feeling of wanting to be sick comes over me, like today for example all i am doing is sitting at the computer, havent done anything all day, havent been able to.....and this weakness is doing this..........what i want to know is could it be possible with the fusion being done in the lumbar is that it has put all the pressure to my neck and thats where the wekness is coming from or is it coming from the stenoisis at lumbar and pressure at neck too...................literally i feel like my legs are going to collaspe under me........and my eyes are extremly blurry when this happens and again that sick feelinf also when the weakness happens my legs go really really cold...............im also seeing a rheumatolagist and neurolagist cause when the weakness isnt happening then i have difficulty breathing and like sore joints but when this weakness is happening its as if i cant feel my joints everything goes limp and useless............i know my situation is complicated and i know you all have worries and problems of your own but i would really appreciate some opions please...........anyone had bad problems with bmp used in operations?....thanks everyone for ur time in reading this post!!
advertisement

Comments