Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain is back

grammyggrammy Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi, everyone I have one post on here already, about my foot not working. Now I need more info.
I had a mircoD surgery on 8/20/08, about 3 weeks ago. I came out of surgery great very little pain. My lower left leg and foot still dumb. I came home same day as surgery feeling great. I saw the ns at 2 weeks. I have gotten some strengeth back in my leg,my foot still doesnot work right. He said it would take time. I do have degenerative joint disease of the hips.
Now for the problem, I started to have lower back pain again, it is in my buttock and leg and foot. It is not as bad as before,but it is there. I am very careful not to bend or pick up thing. I do walk our mall. It is about one mile. I still use my cane.
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,729
    Hi Grammy,

">image

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    In terms of surgery recovery time, you are just a babe in arms! From your description, it sounds like you are dealing with some nerve damage and how it is progressing. Nerve pain and its time to heal takes a long time, much longer than the disc specific problem. Many people have less or zero pain in the area that the surgery was addressing, but nerve pain continues. Depending on how much of the nerve was pinched and for how long, can determine the length of time for full recovery. You should discuss all of this with your doctor. It is not uncommon to have some new or different pain during the recovery process, but let your body talk to you and based on that, consult with your doctor
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Grammy,

Hello. I'm sorry to hear that you are having more pain developing again. I just wanted to ask you a couple of things. Do you have a propensity for adhesions or excessive scarring? The reason I ask is this.... after my 4th surgery was done (hardware removal), as post op time progressed I was getting MORE pain instead of LESS. I had foot drop in my right foot which I didn't have before as well. Anyway, come to find out, as I was healing and creating scar tissue, I was producing way way too much scarring and it was adhereing to nerveroots.... essentially causind a tug of war between he nerves and the adhesions. I eventually went on for surgery #5 with a NS who said he would "microscopically scrape the scarring from the nerveroot".... sounded like a good idea at the time. Upon waking up from this procedure I was ok for a few weeks, but eventually returned to the state of pain I was in prior to surgery and worse, as more surgery just creates more scarring.... a vicious cycle.

Anyway, I didn't mean to ramble but I thought maybe it was something to consider. If you have had multiple spinal punctures from injections, have had CT myelograms with a certain kind of dye, ESI's that contained a certain preservative, or multiple surgeries at the same level ask your NS about this. What I have is called Adhesive Arachnoiditis. I am not trying to be scary or anything but I wanted to see if any of this fit your description.

This was just what I went thru and am only speaking from my personal experiences.

Take care and I hope you get relief soon,

Sincerely,

Amy