Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Had a Radiofrequency Rhizotomy/Ablation/ Neurotomy 3 days ago

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Lower Back Pain
I had a radiofrequency rhizotomy/ablation/neurotomy 3 days ago. They did 4 levels on my right side, which was my worst side. I may have to get the same on my left soon. I will find out next week. This procedure is for facet joint pain, where they burn the nerves. Its temporary, but a lot of people get really good results. I noticed immediately that my worse pain was already gone. I hope it lasts. I have been taking it easy and icing. This could really be a life saver. I was really scared, but it wasnt nearly as bad as I expected. I think its because I am normally in so much pain, that it wasnt any more pain than I usually am in.
advertisement

Comments

• I had the same thing done in january on my left and right side,i have had no nerve pain,i hope it works for you...take care
  • I am pretty sure that I spoke to you before the rhizotomy. It is the absolute best pain relief that I have ever gotten. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • I had three nerves done almost 4 weeks ago and have been going crazy w/pain for the last 2 days. Weird pain. Is it possible that the medial branch nerves that come out from the original big nerve are just out there screaming as the nerves from RF are dying? I have pain out much further then ever before. I have a script for Flexeril that I never filled for the muscle spasms but after last night and this am I'm gonna get it. Can anyone tell me if they felt like the pain spidered out? I'd appreciate any input I can get. Thanks

OsteoArthritis in Facet Joints from L3 all the way down. I take regular Vicodin cuz extra strength make me to gritchy but the nurse said just take more. Can anyone tell me if the Flexeril helps with the spasms? ~X(
  • VickyG I have horrible horrible pain on a daily basis. And i can tell you that flexeril helps tremendously on the spasms. Its one of the few I can take as I am an addict so no opiates for me the 60MGs of flexeril is what keeps me moving and not on the floor hyperventilating :jawdrop:
  • I had this done and felt great after and still do about 1-2 months ago can't keep up with all the dates. I am have the ablation done Tues on my neck 2 levels and am hoping I have the same relief. Good luck with the pain relief. Some people do better than others do not know why some feel so good and others have pain. I know the Dr. told me sometime you will hurt more after because the nerves are in an uproar they are dying off. SO, you all hang in their I know I am trying. >:D<
  • Had this done on C-3,4,5, only on the left side. They won't do the other side now because it didn't seem to help. The pain is worse! My skin is now sensitive to the touch and my only relief is cortisone injections in the trigger points of my neck and upper back. Doc says come in every 3,4 weeks if necessary for these injections. Any thoughts? I am scheduled to meet w/a surgeon... but not real confident about what he may have to say.
    Has anyone else experienced this???
    Thanks! :''(
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.