Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A win and a loss today at the doctor

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Lower Back Pain
So ive moved recently to a small suburb near sacremento. I was figuring that the new doctor wouldnt have a problem continuing
my chronic pain script of two norco 10/325 a day. So time rolls around and I wait forever for her to help me and I explain my symptoms (In my signature) and sign a release to the doctor that prescribed the norco as well as having a copy of my MRI Xrays and a norco bottle from said doctor.
All of a sudden the woman starts wincing and is obviously having trouble helping me continue the script she keeps saying
(I dont want to be the one to get you hooked!) blah blah ive been on this regimen which barely helps for two years now. But the funny part is i asked for a refill of my Clonidine and she accidentally wrote me an extra script for my klonipin LOLedited.
She also gave me up to 8 ten mg flexeril a day and a script for neurontin 900 mgs a day. All in all im dissapointed as she finally decided that she would only give me a week's worth of the norco (14 pills) and no more after that X( I basically told her that wont be enough as my pain has been consistent at a 7 for 4 years or more. I cant believe how some doctors treat people that are being 100 percent straight forward with documentation. And this is my third appt with the edited i cant believe it.

Sorry had to vent but also let it be known the extra klonipins helped me chill after all is said and done lol
advertisement

Comments

• What do you mean by... klonipin LOL(SCORE). you should have given that back to the doctor....
  • 2mgs of klonipin a day wont kill me it helps my pain which she obviously isn't interested in treating. Thats why i took it
  • ever tried long acting opiates? That is alot of acetaminophen that you are taking and you would probably get good relief from opiates without damaging your organs. Was this doc a PM?
  • Not a pm doc and id love to have the long acting opiates its just now I cant even get the norco's so i doubt ill be able to get the real deal pain meds that I need . It truly is sad the way she treated me today which is why i felt it necessary to take advantage of her mistake.

I was on 2X60 mscontins a day and it worked great but that doctor cut me off as my parents complained to the doctor about
    me getting possibly addicted :&
  • Sorry for my conduct everyone I realize my asanine behavior is the biggest detriment to everyone here's cause please accept my apology (The things I say on klonipin ) [(
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,726
    Reading your initial post, a couple of questions popped into my head:

1) Why and what prompted the pharmacist to make that comment to you?
    2) What current treatments are you under?
    3) Have you ever had surgery for the disc problems?
    4) 4 years of Pain level 7, what has the doctors said about that?
    5) 8 10mg flexeril per day? That is a lot
    6) 1 Week of norco only?

Some things here just puzzle me.
    Also remember just having all the documentation about your condition current medications, etc is not any pre-requisite for dispensing of medications.
    Many doctors will not even prescribe medications if their patients are not following any treatment plan that was put out for them.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • 1)
    Thanks for your interest and input Ron. The only reason i can consider is the fact that im 22 and ive been in pain so long ive grown accustomed to it and I have a rather bright and happy attitude so they always have trouble believing im in pain. Even when my blood pressure is through the roof from the pain. . Problem being it gets as high as 9 occasionally and even a legitimate ten every other month or so.
    2) Im not sure what treatment you mean? I swim 5 days a week and do elliptical work. If you could clarify what you mean by question 2 id be happy to explain.
    3) No I haven't had surgery I tried twice but both surgeons said my only option was to fuse all my vertebrae in my lower back (I have a rare (and painful) curvature in the lumbar region. This condition also assisted my back into herniating the discs in my lower back.

4)Well most doctors simply kick back and act skeptical when I explain my pain level and life quality /constant suffering
    and every doctor i have seen since the injury has made me take an nsaid and it took months and appointments and alternative treatments to narcotics ( Cymbalta , meloxican, Naproxen, of course Celebrex the list is countless. All I need to manage my pain is 60 mg's of MScontin one pill (daily) and my life and wellbeing is sooo much improved.

5) I misread the label of the flexeril Its 10mg tablets and I can take up to 6 a day it helps a bit so does the neurontin but the pain is still blunt and excruciating. If I had just two 10/325 percocets or norco's (Daily) would turn my life around

6) The reason she was only comfortable continuing prescribing a week of my norcos (Two a day from my old General physician ) Was because she said i couldn't possibly live at my pain level and that it was a flare up or a temporary injury and said just get bed rest for a week.

FYI everyone i am not your usual drug seeking patient i am in legitimate chronic pain neurologically and in my vertebrae my diagnoses is in my sig as well as my medications.

PSS "Also remember just having all the documentation about your condition current medications, etc is not any pre-requisite for dispensing of medications.
    Many doctors will not even prescribe medications if their patients are not following any treatment plan that was put out for them."

I jump through hoops for this woman physical therapy/Seeing all of her friend physicians (Therapists). I stay patient when she's being too reserved to help me and she's the only damn doctor in a long drive and im at my wits end

Sorry about the long read thanks for listening and PLEASE PLEASE any input helps Thanks so much to you all
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,728
    Hi, This does not sound like a pm Dr. to me. I live in the sierra Nevada mountains above sac. and its suburbs. Where do you live? I'm real familiar with the area and there are many pm. docs. in the area. Or maybe you need to see a ortho or neuro surg. And they will refer you.
    You can pm me if you like.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I try to keep upbeat about it, so sometimes Drs have a hard time believing me. It upsets my husband as well because he said "well they never see you on the days when you are balling and cant walk and depressed." I guess no matter what I do, im not being believed anyways, its just so hard to put a smile on your face anymore, so I try very hard to. :S I always get told that because of my age (27) Im too young for pain like this or surgery. Do you ever get this?
  • I get it too. From every doctor your not alone.Its tough she's current trying to kill me with nsaids as upposed to a minute amount of opies
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.