Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Feeling worthless

4jkasper44jkasper Posts: 231
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Matters of the Heart
I try really hard around my kids and husband to be strong and act "okay", but I am not. My husand works all day and then has to go deliver pizza at night just so we can make it. I try to do things around the house during the day and I end up paying for it for days... I just feel so worthless and am sooooo tired of being in pain all of the time.
I know Iam not the only one in this situation but, I sure feel lonely. I wish things would get better but it doesn't seem to.
Thanks for letting me vent here, as I try not to do much complaining at home. My husband is wonderful and deserves so much more than this. =((
advertisement

Comments

• hiya,
    you are doing more than you realise, you do all the housework , which when you have kids is more than enough. Hey dont be so down on yourself, this is one of those times which we all have, the feelings that you feel now .are you getting help with your pain at the moment ? hope to see you in chat room . >:D<

Angie x
  • Dear 4j,
    No longer being able to work ourselves, and then seeing our husbands work all the hours God sends, really is the worst is`t it? Also if we try to do all we can to keep things running smoothly on the home front, we end up just having down days when our bodies won`t let us do anything other than rest.
    I have been doing this for a while now, the job I love had to go, I was a nurse, and following that I found part time work in a clinic, but even that has become too much for me now, so I have just learned to prioratise my days, ensuring there is a meal on the table takes most of my day and I have to clean the house section by section now, where as before I could blitz the house clean in a morning. I have learned to just look through my fingers at the stuff I have not managed to do and write it on the next weeks "To Do" list.
    I don`t get annoyed with myself anymore (well not so much!) at the things I haven`t got done. I just rejoice at the positive , that which I have managed to do and that it won`t always be like this.
    It is so good you feel safe to beable to come here and have a grumble about it all, I find writing it all down and sharing it with those who know, lessens the burden of it all, and gives me a little more insentive to take a deep breath, put my smiley mask back on and carry on with my day.
    Viking :)))
  • YOU are very special; each one of us is special! It sounds like your hubby is very supportive and very special, too! It's ok to feel frustrated and vent your feelings here! YOU and your family have been thru so much! So, try not to beat yourself up, and know you can share your feelings here! God bless you!--Mazy
  • Ok lets get this strait right off to bat. your entitled to be sad and angry and frustrated.It part of the pain np one tells you about. its unhealthy to hold the negative feelings in coz sisnce no one sees them, they dont know whats eating you till the schizm happens and by then damage is done to you emtionally and relationship wise.

Second your husband married more than your physical attributes, you knows that, he knows that so now is a great time to be absolutly and positively honest with him! tell him of your fears and anger,and why! then he will be in the loop and not feel pushed away when he wants desperatly to fight whats hurting you,give him a weapon in this battle the both of you can fight! its nobl and honorable to not to wnat to burden your other half, but it is not always the best route.

Its ok not to be 100% all and every day! embrace your fears and they become lessof th unknown and are turned into understanding, then a tool to be used to fight the agonist.
    luck and rest to you and dont be afraid to talk,here and to your loved ones!
  • Holding your pain in secret is just fooling yourself. Trust me, I've tried to do that for over a year and finally realized that my husband knew all along how I was feeling! All he heas to do is look in my eyes and he can read my pain level. I asked him why he hadn't told me before and he said he thought it made ME feel better to lie about it LOL!

You and a lot of us are in the same position. I had to leave the work force and don't know if I'll ever be able to go back. I've had to talk to myself and tell me that it doesn't make me less of a person. We didn't do this to ourselves. Guilt is something you are going to need to let go of. You're a good person and obviously have an incredible work ethic but you need to go at a reasonable pace for your condition. Be good to you and the rest will fall into place.

Let go of your feelings here but let go of them with your husband too. You may be surprised at just how incredible he can be. it sounds like you're both amazing people :)))

Hope you have some good days ahead,

Griff
  • Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. I guess I was just having myself a good ole' pitty party. I am feeling alittle better but it is just so frustrating not to beable to do what I could before.You all know how that is...and again THANK YOU :D
  • hi iread ur post and u cant hide the way ur feeling and pretend ur ok...i did that and it dosent work,u have nothing what so ever to feel guilty about.as my mammy always says the house will be here when im not....and u know what shes right.......lookafter yourself and take it easy with cadburys caramel...lol
advertisement